Job Listing: Marketing and Events Manager (W&M)
William & Mary - Williamsburg, VA (Department: 3E1000 Museum Administration)
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Marketing and Events Manager
Salary - $55k - 65k (commensurate with experience)
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click Here (Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and Writing Sample required)
Unit Mission Statement:
The Mission of the Muscarelle Museum of Art is: To foster the full integration of a dynamic art museum into the life and liberal arts mission of William & Mary and to serve as a model of curatorial excellence and a catalyst for art exploration at the university and in the surrounding community.
The Marketing and Events Manager will work with the Director and members of the Museum staff to develop and implement an overall marketing plan for our programming, exhibitions, and fundraising efforts. This position will also manage and produce special programming and events in support of the Museum’s mission.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Management, Art History, Museum Studies or other relevant field, or comparable education and experience.
- Knowledge of the cultural arts landscape
- Experience in developing marketing materials for an enterprise
- Experience in developing and implementing cultural programming
- Experience in delivering virtual programming, via Zoom or other digital channel
- Experience in negotiating with noted experts for delivery of programming
- Experience in producing or assisting with the production of live programming
- Experience in organizing social events in a cultural setting
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong graphic arts and design strengths
- Strong understanding of social media with demonstrated track record of social media use for programming promotion
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that values people who work well within a team as well as independently
- Successful record of academic and professional accomplishment and productivity
- Strong working knowledge of graphic arts programs, including Adobe Photoshop or other pictorial or graphics arts computer applications
|Is the position remote work eligible?||Not eligible|
|Remote Work Disclaimer||
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.
|University Salary Range||U09|
|Job Open Date||04/14/2022|
|Review Begin Date||07/21/2022|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Employment Category||Full Time Operational|
|Conditions of Employment||
Some work on nights and weekends required
Travel may be required
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|Background Check Statement||
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
|Benefits Summary Statement||
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php