Student Session Proposals
Submit your proposals here!
The Virginia Association of Museums recognizes the future of the museum profession is in the hands of current college and university students. We hope this opportunity will help further our student members' careers and offer stronger connections for emerging professionals.
Undergraduate and graduate students, as well as those new to the museum field (within the last three years), are invited to apply to participate in Virginia Association of Museums' Student Poster Session during the 2024 Annual Conference. The student poster session showcases presentations on the latest museum-based student projects and research and offers a way for students to connect with experienced museum professionals and other students to gain new insights, share ideas, and network. Those selected will receive a scholarship to attend the VAM Annual Conference taking place in Virginia Beach, Virginia March 9-12, 2024. Applications must be submitted here by Friday, November 10, 2023.
Undergraduate and graduate students and those new to the field within the last three years who have done significant or promising work on museum-based projects or research and are based in VAM's region of Virginia or Washington, DC.
If you're a full-time student and not a member of VAM, join today for FREE!
- The Conference Program Committee will serve as a jury to select presentations based on individual merit and relevance.
- Selected students will be required to present their projects or research during the Sunday Evening Exhibit Hall on March 10, 2023.
- A panel of judges will assess the posters and presentations during the exhibit hall for a financial prize for first place ($300), second place ($200), and third place ($100).
- Selected presenters will be awarded a scholarship to cover conference registration and a $100 stipend to reimburse the cost of posters. All travel, lodging expenses, and event tickets will be the responsibility of the presenters.
- The poster should be 24" x 36".