Virginia Certificate in Museum Management
VAM is the only association to offer a certificate in museum management!
he Virginia Certificate in Museum Management provides a comprehensive understanding of various facets of museum management, including collections care, education and outreach, exhibitions, external relations, internal affairs, as well as career development. The program was created to provide high level, easily accessible professional growth to career-minded museum staff and volunteers. This respected program combines credit for our hands-on and online professional development opportunities with training from organizations across the state and country.
- Review the NEWLY updated certificate requirements
- Cost estimate *Note: if you or your museum is a VAM member, be sure to log in when you apply for the program to get appropriate member pricing!
- View our program partners to learn what other educational opportunities apply to certificate requirements
- Sign up for the Virginia Certificate in Museum Management
- Questions? Contact Jennifer Thomas or review our FAQs about the program
- Information and forms for current students can be found here.