Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship
Learn About VAM's Fellowship Opportunity
Are you a mid-career museum professional looking to have a bigger impact on the field? Do you want to get engaged with VAM, and build your resume at the same time? VAM’s Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship was created for exactly these reasons. If you are selected as a fellow, you would have the chance to do research, talk with your colleagues at other museums about challenges they face, participate in state and national advocacy efforts and conversations surrounding the future of museums. The end result will serve as a resource for the museum community.
$1,000 will be awarded to the selected fellow
- This program is geared toward mid-career professionals, with between 5-20 years of experience in the museum field.
- All applicants must be members in good standing of VAM.
Elements and Timeline of Fellowship
- Individual project completed during the course of the fellowship
- In 2020, the chosen fellow will focus their independent project on issues relating to the current pandemic and the way museums are impacted and adapting.
- A VAM Board member would mentor each fellow throughout project
- Attendance at Virginia Museum Advocacy Day to present progress and assist
- Attendance at VAM conference to present progress
- Project would be on the VAM website as a member resource
November 2: Application deadline
November 12: Attend virtual board meeting at 10:30AM EST to meet and introduce project; select mentor
February: Attend Virginia Museum Advocacy Day to share and conduct ongoing research for project
March 14-16: Present research in progress at session or poster session at VAM conference
May: Completed projects due, posted on website
PAST VAM FELLOWS RESEARCH
2019 Fellows' Final Research
Read her final report:
Read her final project
Thank you to Langley Federal Credit Union for sponsoring our 2019 Fellowship Program
2018 Fellows Final Research