Ann Brownson Award for Outstanding Service to the Museum Field
Nominate someone today for the 2022 Ann Brownson Award
The Ann Brownson Award can be given annually to an individual who has given outstanding service to the Virginia museum community and to the Virginia Association of Museums. It was established in 1999 by the Council of the Virginia Association of Museums to honor the service and accomplishments of Ann Brownson, who provided spirited and committed leadership as a member of the VAM Council from 1991-1999 and also served on the boards of many museums and cultural organizations throughout the Commonwealth.
ABOUT ANN BROWNSON VIEW PAST HONOREES
- Nominee must be someone who has been active in service to the museum community during three of the past five years.
- Nominee should be someone from outside of the field with a track record of support for museums and museum issues
- The nominating organization or individual must be a current VAM member.
- Any VAM member may nominate an individual for the award.
- The nomination must include information stating the reasons why this individual should be selected to receive the Ann Brownson Award (see Judging Criteria).
- The Selection Committee will be looking for an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in support of museums at the board, community or government level over an extended period of time.
- Preference will be given to the individual whose support and dedication has benefited more than one museum or cultural organization.
- The individual should also have demonstrated commitment to the professional development of Virginia’s museum community through support for and/or participation in the Virginia Association of Museums and its programs.
The 2023 Virginia Museum Innovation Award will be announced during
VAM's Annual Conference March 11-14, 2023.
Nominations are now closed for 2023.