Connect to Conservation Collections Care
Collections management staff from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts present a follow up program to their popular and sold out workshops presented in spring 2019 on assessing and handling artifacts. Attendance at the introductory workshop is not required to attend this workshop.
This registration is for the Roanoke workshop.
Topics likely to be covered include:
- Dusting and remedial care of objects
- Proper framing techniques
- Fabrication of storage mounts and enclosures
- Integrated pest management
- How to deal with a mold outbreak
- How to develop a long-range conservation plan
- Stephen D. Bonadies, Senior Deputy Director for Conservation and Collections, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Meredith Watson, IMLS Advanced Fellow, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Virginia Certificate in Museum Management:
- Provides one credit in Collections Management
|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Registration Check-in|
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Morning Presentations|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch break|
|1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Afternoon Presentation and Activity|
Please provide attendee contact information for tickets purchased. It is preferred that each attendee register themself in order that event history is correctly tracked in each attendee's profile. If you are not a member, consider joining to take advantage of the discounted member rate.
Having trouble? We're always happy to help! Contact VAM at 804.358.3170 or email email@example.com