Job Listing: Special Events & Rental Coordinator
Westmoreland Memorial David Foundation - Morven Park - Leesburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Special Events & Rental Coordinator
Salary - $40,000 - $55,000/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Employment@MorvenPark.org.
Morven Park, Loudoun County’s 1,000-acre backyard, is where our visitors know they can find their “happy place.” Our magnificent historic estate offers guided tours, educational programs, and picturesque grounds, while our world-class equestrian center hosts highly popular competitions, schooling opportunities, and community events. Morven Park is owned and operated by a non-profit organization, the Westmoreland Davis Memorial Foundation, which makes our Special Events & Rentals Coordinator position crucial to our ongoing success.
Come join our friendly and dedicated team that consistently strives for excellence in all that we do, and enjoy an opportunity to let your impressive communication and organizational skills shine in this role that touches on every aspect of the Park! As a key member of the Engagement team, the Special Events & Rentals Coordinator is responsible for the successful planning and execution of Morven Park events as well as facility rentals. The Park hosts numerous community, member/donor, and equestrian events (including our popular Polo in the Park season), while facility rentals include corporate meetings, social receptions, and equestrian competitions. The position requires the ability to prioritize tasks, keep detailed records, and serve as the internal and external point of contact for multiple concurrent events attended by visitors from the local community and around the world who come to: Play. Learn. Discover. Morven Park
Our ideal candidate will have:
▪ A Bachelor’s degree and previous success in site or event coordination (equestrian background is a plus).
▪ Proven ability to manage simultaneous events, with varying levels of complexity, on time and within budgets.
▪ Focused attention to detail, a talent for organizing/prioritizing tasks, and disciplined follow-through practices.
▪ Experience providing exemplary customer service with a high level of professionalism.
▪ A positive approach to problem solving, new tasks, and collaborative projects (sense of humor welcome!).
▪ An eagerness to enthusiastically promote Morven Park’s mission, offerings, and opportunities.
▪ Interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills that convey competence and diplomacy.
▪ The ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
▪ Experience with Microsoft Office/365 and Salesforce.
▪ A willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends/holidays and longer special event days.
▪ The ability to perform the physical requirements of this role, including standing for extended periods of time, walking long distances, climbing up/down stairs, and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds.
▪ Be able to successfully pass a background check (required of all Park employees) and provide work references.
▪ Produce outstanding events for Morven Park and its rental clients, on time and within budget.
▪ Assist with the preparation and management of a variety of equestrian competitions and events.
▪ Introduce prospective rental clients to Morven Park’s facilities and grounds.
▪ Build positive customer relationships, and negotiate/execute contracts with rental clients.
▪ Maintain detailed digital records in Salesforce.
Morven Park offers competitive wages based on experience, with benefits for full-time employees including:
▪ Fully paid employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, and life/disability)
▪ Paid time off and flexible work schedules
▪ Observance of federal holidays
▪ Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plan with company match
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Employment@MorvenPark.org.
The Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic or category protected under applicable federal or state law. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All employment decisions at the Foundation are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities