Job Listing: Security Officer
VIRGINIA MUSEUM OF HISTORY & CULTURE - RICHMOND, VA
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Security Officer. This individual serves as a part of the Operations Division, reports directly to the Security Supervisor and is responsible for providing security to the VMHC throughout the building and grounds.
The Security Officer’s role is vitally important and highly visible. It is essential that duties are carried out with dignity and restraint and they include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring security risk to the campus and patrons and reporting potential problems to the Security Supervisor
- Having a working knowledge of the alarm computer and fire system
- Escorting and monitoring contractors, vendors and visitors while in non-public areas
- Receiving & notifying departments of deliveries
- Processing and delivering mail
- Following policies & procedures of the security and maintenance departments
The selected candidate will also work well under pressure, have strong customer service skills and possess the ability to maintain professional composure, write original correspondence to include logs and reports and work with little supervision. The Security Officer works a flexible/rotating schedule that may require early morning, evening and weekend hours. Professional appearance is required.
Qualifications: High school education; computer and security experience preferred; ability to pass and maintain the State of Virginia Private Security Course; possess an authentic interest in the mission and work of the VMHC.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience; this is a part-time position
Send letter of interest, resume and list of references electronically to Jobs@VirginiaHistory.org