Job Listing: Security Officer
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Security Officer
Salary - $13.00/hour
Job Type - Full-Time/Part-Time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Security Supervisor position is highly visible, serves as part of Operations & Finance and is responsible for providing security for the VMHC properties throughout buildings and grounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secures premises by patrolling campus and access points, permits entry into the buildings and ensures the security, safety and well-being of staff and visitors; informs violators of policy and procedures
- Monitors security risks to the campus and patrons and reports potential problems to the Security Supervisor or Director of Facilities
- Monitors security cameras, alarm and fire systems
- Writes correspondence including logs and reports
- Monitors all contractors, vendors and visitors in non-public areas
- Responds to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to staff and visitors
- Receives and notifies departments of deliveries; processes and delivers mail and packages
- Adheres to policies & procedures of the security and maintenance departments
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Works well under pressure and able to maintain professional composure
- Excellent customer service skills; must be able to project an excellent level of hospitality
- Professional appearance is required
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school education
- Computer and security experience preferred
- Ability to pass and maintain the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services registration for unarmed security officers
Note & Special Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible/rotating schedule that may require early morning, evening and weekend hours
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society ' a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.