Job Listing: Program Coordinator
The Poe Musuem - Richmond, VA
Closes - 8/3/22 or Open until closed
Position Title – Program Coordinator
Salary - $15/hour
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd, 2022
Join the Poe Museum in its 100th year! The Poe Museum seeks a part-time Program Coordinator in support of its mission to illuminate Poe for everyone, evermore.
The Program Coordinator is directed to support the Program Manager in implementing all educational, event-focused, and visitor experiences at the Poe Museum. Additionally, the Program Coordinator is expected to meet the following core responsibilities:
● Manage the museum’s volunteer program, including recruiting and training new volunteers, maintaining a volunteer schedule, communicating volunteer opportunities via a monthly newsletter, and assigning responsibilities to meet museum programming needs.
● Assist with the development of educational programming, scripted tours, and events in alignment with the strategic framework created by the Program Manager.
● Assist the Program Manager in collection of programmatic data, including maintaining accurate attendance records, recording audience demographics, and updating the museum’s CRM database
● Maintain a programmatic calendar for internal use, and communicate staff assignments in a timely manner.
● Lead tours, as well as in-person and on-line programs.
● Periodically serve as the back-up for the guest services (front-desk) position in the gift shop.
● Ensure the operational and programmatic success of the museum which may include task-based and administrative duties that are outside the scope of the core-responsibilities listed above.
Further, the Program Coordinator will:
● Report directly to the Program Manager.
● Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
● Seek relevant continuing education related to museum programming best practices.
● Provide consistent and timely critical information to the Program Manager.
● Develop a deep appreciation of Poe’s work and ensure that all programmatic efforts are created within the scope of the museum’s guiding principles:
o Edgar Allan Poe is a visionary and iconic American author whose work is timeless, valuable, and relevant.
o The Poe Museum is a repository and resource for all things related to Poe’s life, work, and influence.
o We are honored to be faithful stewards and caretakers of Poe’s legacy and to honestly share his story with the world. We will do so enthusiastically and with creativity, respecting all aspects of his work, including the quirky and the bizarre.
o While Poe and his work have far-reaching influence, we are grateful that he called Richmond home and celebrate the museum’s contributions to our community and our community’s contribution to the museum.
This is a part-time position, at approximately 32 hours per week. The Program Coordinator will work a Wednesday-Saturday or Thursday-Sunday schedule, with some evening hours required. This position is posted at a starting rate of $15/hour. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 3rd, 2022.