VA Museum of Natural History -Martinsville, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Museum Experiences Manager
Salary -$45,000 - $50,000
Job Type - Full Time Salaried
Apply: Please apply at Click Here
An exceptional job opportunity for a Museum Experiences Manager at the Virginia Museum of Natural History (VMNH) is now available. This is a full-time position with an excellent state benefits package.
Museum Experiences Manager
The Museum Experiences Manager will oversee the Virginia Museum of Natural History’s exhibits program, while also serving as the staff lead for graphic design and special publications. The Museum Experience Manager will also provide key support for marketing, events and strategic partnerships. The Museum Experiences Manager will report to the VMNH Deputy Director, and will be a key member of the Advancement department. The Advancement department includes the areas of marketing, development and exhibits.
Museum experience preferred.
Project management and graphic design experience desirable; knowledge of Virginia Science Standards of Learning desirable.
Oversee VMNH exhibits program
· Develop new exhibits in partnership with key stakeholders, including VMNH scientists and educators, as well as outside collaborators.
· Coordinate rental of outside exhibits by VMNH.
· Coordinate rental of VMNH exhibits by other museums and organizations.
· Coordinate offsite displays and visitation data collection/reporting.
· Provide graphic design services for print and electronic materials to include advertisements, flyers, rack cards, special publications, posters and exhibit materials.
· Coordinate with outside vendors as appropriate
Overall marketing support
· Provide support for initiatives led by the Marketing & Public Relations Manager and Deputy Director.
· Duties to include photography, videography and general marketing support.
· Represent VMNH at offsite events to include festivals, trade shows and other events.
· Provide exhibits, graphic design and general support for festivals, science talks, receptions and other events in coordination with the Visitor Services & Events Manager.
· Work with the Deputy Director and other Advancement staff to identify and support key strategic partnerships with donor prospects, exhibit partners and content providers.
· Coordinate key initiatives to include Groupon promotions, Museums for All, and other partnerships.
· Provide exhibits and graphic design support for overall VMNH strategic initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Only online applications are accepted. A resume and cover letter are required. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
If you have questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lynette Perkins, Human Resources Manager at 276-634-4158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginia Museum of Natural History complies with E-Verify which is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability. The successful applicant must furnish proof of identity and employment eligibility and is subject to a background check.