Job Listing: Museum Educator
Virginia Musuem of History and Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Musuem Educator
Salary - $15.00/hour
Job Type - Part-Time; Non-Exempt
For more info and to apply: Click Here
The Museum Educator position serves as a member of the Guest Engagement’s Education Department. This position acts primarily as an educator responsible for leading in-person student and adult programming including, but not limited to, student field trips, adult group tours, and a variety of general audience public programming.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Works within the Education team to lead student and adult programming.
· Works within the Education team to develop classroom resources based on the extensive collections at the Virginia Museum of History and Culture.
· Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, helping with Virginia History Day and HistoryConnects Virtual Field Trips as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
· Knowledge of general American history, with specific Virginia knowledge preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· BA in American studies, history, museum studies, education, public history, or related field.
· Experience working with K-12 students, with specific elementary experience preferred.
· Experience delivering interpretive programs to a general audience in a museum or public history setting preferred.
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities