Job Listing: Museum Education Specialist - Elementary
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - 6/12/2022
Position Title – Museum Education Specialist - Elementary
Salary - $35,000-$37,000/Annually with State Benefit Package
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click Here
The ideal candidate will have experience in producing high-quality, educational, and engaging programs for preK-6th grade students, working constructively in a team setting, and creating a culture of support and mentorship for frontline staff. This position will also be responsible for creating afterschool and summer camp opportunities that extend learning outside of the classroom for elementary audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in development and implementation of pre-K to sixth grade lessons and activities, especially in museum education programs.
- Skilled in presenting education programs to diverse pre-K to sixth grade and teacher audiences. Knowledge of museum education techniques and resources.
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise inquiry based and dialogic education programs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize resources effectively to achieve objectives.
- Effective collaborator and team player.
- To further frontline mentorship, experience in supervising and mentoring a diverse staff is strongly preferred.
- Teaching experience at a variety of levels is preferred.
- To support staff training and mentorship, additional consideration for those who have experience in adult education techniques.
- Undergraduate degree is strongly preferred (history, anthropology, museum studies or education).