Job Listing: Museum Coordinator
Museums of Petersburg - Petersburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Coordinator
Salary - $36,000-$40,000/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
- Represent the organization in meetings with PPTF volunteers, prospective donors, the City of Petersburg, and other non-profit organizations as approved by the President or Executive Committee.
- Communicate all correspondence with PPTF volunteers, prospective donors, City of Petersburg employees, and other non-profit organizations with the President & Executive Committee via email copy or hard copy.
- Coordinate with the President & Executive Committee activities that could potentially require their presence, i.e., city meetings, donor functions, public events, etc.
- Carry out and implement the policies established by the Board.
- Provide a weekly summary of work performed and hours expended in pursuit of such work process to be submitted via email to the President/Executive Committee.
- Periodically refer to the Strategic Plan and Mission Statement adopted by PPTF and advise the Board of Directors in what respects any actions taken by the Board, or the organization, are not in compliance with the Strategic Plan and/or the Mission Statement.
- Communicate all updates and expansions of the PPTF website, and post or arrange to have posted on social media outlets, news about PPTF and its successes and accomplishments in a timely manner to the appropriate party or individual operating the outlets.
- Respond to inquiries from the press, including making public statements for publication, after (i) discussing the issues about which a statement is being requested, and (ii) after reviewing each such matter with the President or Executive Committee of PPTF.
- Communicate ideas for programs, exhibits and publications to the President & Executive Committee that could potentially raise the profile of PPTF.
- Specific Duties (but not limited to):
Supervising/training/staffing/communicating with docents
Recruiting volunteers Conducting special programs
Working with visitors
Purchasing/merchandising for the gift shops
Marketing of sites/media appearances Eventbrite set up and coordination for special events Facilities maintenance with City and volunteers Supervision of Collections, working with part time City employees
Press releases and other written communication (website)
Special Events/Fundraising planning and implementation
PPTF committee meetings
- Office Management:
Weekly deposits/reconciliation of petty cash, gift shop monies and receipts
Copying donation checks
Responding to emails, phone calls and other requests
Compiling data – monthly attendance, et al
Filling out forms
Group tour reservations/logistics and staffing
Purchasing cleaning products/office supplies
Assistance (limited) with historic research or resources
Performing other duties as required by the position or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Position Summary
PPTF seeks an enthusiastic and motivated Museum Coordinator for The Blandford Church Museum, Centre Hill Mansion Museum, and the Exchange Building Museum.
Under the guidance of the Board of Petersburg Preservation Task Force and in coordination with the PPTF President the Museum Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the sites and staff, preservation of the structures and grounds, interpretation of all the entire sites, promotion of PPTF and the sites in the community, and successful performance of the Gift Shop stores.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and be able to enthusiastically represent The Blandford Church, Centre Hill Mansion, and the Exchange Building and PPTF initiatives to the interpretive staff and a wide variety of individuals both in person and through social media.
This is a year-round position that will require weekend work. It also requires supervision of the interpretive staff on site, including hiring and firing decisions, close coordination with PPTF staff and Board, operation of a wide range of electronic communication and data collection methodology, program development, testing and implementation and coordination with the local community around the sites.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $36,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Yes, wearing masks, using sanitizers.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Museum Professionals: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations