Job Listing: Marketing Manager
AGECROFT HALL AND GARDENS - RICHMOND, VA
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is a 23 acre estate featuring a Tudor house originally built c. 1500 in England and transported to Richmond in 1925. Now a museum, the house highlights daily life in a 17th century English manor house. A variety of gardens designed by Charles Gillette surround the house and feature traditional English elements and plants. Agecroft is open to the public six days a week and hosts the Richmond Shakespeare Festival in the summer. The museum has just completed a new strategic plan and is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to develop creative marketing and fundraising strategies to increase visitorship and philanthropic support of the historic house and gardens.
For more information on Agecroft Hall, go to www.agecrofthall.org.
Position Title: MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: Responsible for creating and executing a variety of marketing and fundraising initiatives to promote Agecroft Hall & Gardens with a goal to expand both audiences and financial support for the historic property. Manage marketing plan that includes advertising through radio, print and social media channels. Responsible for Agecroft’s social media profiles. Enhance membership program and develop fundraising campaigns. Work with Executive Director to steward major donors and cultivate potential donors. Evaluate effectiveness of advertising strategies and fundraising campaigns. Manage two public events a year to promote Agecroft in the community.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan including both paid advertising and social media strategies for Agecroft Hall & Gardens.
- Promote special programs and large scale signature events through paid advertising, media coverage, and outreach efforts.
- Design promotional collateral for programs and events.
- Draft enewsletter 1-2 times a month. Manage email database.
- Maintain website by keeping content fresh and updating the calendar of events.
- Disseminate timely information to news organizations. Manage media relations, including writing news releases and responding to information requests from the media to increase media coverage of Agecroft and its activities.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to develop a sustainable program of philanthropic support.
- Research prospects and develop a program of thoughtful stewardship for members and donors. Manage the acknowledgement process.
- Prepare and/or oversee written grant proposals.
- Evaluate marketing and fundraising campaigns with the goal of improving them over time.
- Organize two annual events (Bubbles & Blooms and Apples & Ales) and assist with other special events and activities when needed.
- Attend related meetings and events to expand skills and knowledge.
Job Specifications: Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a marketing/communications or development position, preferably with a non-profit, arts related or cultural institution. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Working knowledge of Agecroft Hall & Gardens and the Richmond region helpful. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills matched with knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic desktop publishing and Adobe Creative Suite. Strong knowledge of social media and best practices in data analytics. Strong work ethic and project management skills. Ability to welcome and engage diverse stakeholders. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail. Ability to work well on a team as well as independently. Sense of humor.
Working Conditions: Office environment. Position requires walking, sitting and occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional night and weekend work. Must pass a background check.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits.
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume and a short writing sample to Ms. Emily Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org