Job Listing: Marketing and Events Coordinator, FT
Virginia MOCA - Virginia Beach, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Marketing and Events Coordinator
Salary - $40,000 Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click here
SUMMARY: The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art is looking to hire a highly-motivated and
organized Marketing and Events Coordinator to help increase brand awareness, engagement,
attendance and revenue that elevates and distinguishes the Museum. The ideal candidate will
have prior experience with a wide range of marketing and event functions, including
communications, branding, digital marketing, and project and event management. The Marketing
and Events Coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at
once and meet tight deadlines.
Monday – Friday; some evenings and weekends required. Must be able to work all events including
the Boardwalk Art Show (October.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in conjunction with multiple departments to ensure consistent delivery of the
Museum’s marketing strategies and campaigns
• Assist with the creation and writing of museum presentations, press releases, invitations,
flyers, signage, and other museum collateral
• Draft and submit all museum press releases in an efficient manner. Follow-up with key
media contacts as needed.
• Implement and manage a museum-wide project management system including coordinating
across multiple departments, updating key deadlines, and ensuring deliverables
• Aggregate insights from different data sets to help make data driven decisions
Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Events to assist with all aspects of museum
events including the Boardwalk Art Show, ARTini, and donor/cultivation events.
• Oversee all venue and personnel logistics including but not limited to scheduling, use of
space, event layout/setup, vendor management, branding, AV services, catering,
photography, videography, floral, etc.
• Responsible for executing on and off site events including but not limited to event team
coordination, event set-up, day of hosting, managing logistics throughout the event, and
event tear down
• Work with the development team to ensure all event sponsors are receiving all promised
marketing and event benefits and recognition before, during and after event
• Assist with the purchase and inventory of all event supplies needs throughout the year
• Process department credit card and check payments and manage department budget and
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management, Communications
preferred) or 3 years of related marketing or event planning experience
• Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media
• Experience working with large-scale events preferred
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Excels in customer service, organizational and time management, and event planning
• Ability to work both virtually and in-office
• Ability to work long hours as needed with prolonged standing
• Ability to lift 10–20 pounds or greater
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; PowerPoint design experience preferred
• COVID-19 full vaccination required, including boosters when applicable
Virginia MOCA strives for an inclusive work environment and actively embraces a diversity of
people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage black, indigenous, and people of color,
individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the email title
“Marketing and Events Coordinator.” No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews will be held thereafter.