Job Listing: Hospitality Associate
Stratford Hall – Statford, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Hospitality Associate
Salary - : N/A
Job Type - Part Time
Apply: Please email Lesley Brooks at email@example.com with “Hospitality Associate Job Search”
in the subject line if you are interested in applying for this job.
Stratford Hall, a national historic landmark, is seeking candidates for the position of Hospitality
Associate. This is a part-time (25 hours per week), non-exempt position.
The Hospitality Associate will assist in professionally maintaining the cleanliness of the
buildings and lodging facilities throughout Stratford Hall. Duties include vacuuming, mopping,
surface cleaning, dusting, trash removal, and laundering linen. Occasional responsibilities
include clerical duties within the Lodging office. Candidates must be punctual, thorough yet
quick, eager to learn, and personable with guests and colleagues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for cleaning and preparing guest rooms, cabins and public areas.
• Manage laundry, stock, and inventory.
• Report maintenance issues, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries directly to management.
• Follow all organization safety and security procedures.
• Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage
and care of products.
• Clerical duties within lodging department, as needed
Required Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Housekeeping or customer service experience preferred
Specifications & Physical Requirements
• Maintain professional behavior with the ability to work with limited supervision.
• Maintain cleaning standards consistently throughout guest areas.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Must have flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift, pull, and carry 25+ pounds.
• Ability to walk extended periods of time and distances.
Stratford Hall is a National Historic Landmark located in Westmoreland County, VA nestled
along the Potomac River. A publicly accessible museum and historic site for over ninety years
and home to the only two brothers to have signed the Declaration of Independence, Stratford
Hall will leverage the upcoming 250th Anniversary of the birth of our nation to reintroduce our
broad and diverse stories to our communities and stakeholders. A model of historic preservation
and land conservation, Stratford Hall contributes actively to the Northern Neck community and
encourages applications from strategic thinkers committed to joining this collaborative and
Version 2022-9-23 dynamic leadership team as we undergo a transformative strategic planning process.
What We Offer:
Stratford Hall offers a generous benefits package and pays competitive salary for the non-profit
sector. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and
collaborative culture among our staff, which we believe is critical to advancing our mission.
Prospects interested in helping to ensure Stratford Hall remains relevant for future generations
and in making a difference at our historic site, in our field, and to our community are encouraged
to apply. For more information about our organization please visit www.stratfordhall.org
How To Apply:
Please email Lesley Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hospitality Associate Job Search”
in the subject line if you are interested in applying for this job. The position will remain open
The organization does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law