Job Listing: Guest Services Associate, VMHC
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Guest Services Associate
Salary - $13.00/hour
Job Type - Part-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
Guest Services Associates serve as part of the Guest Engagement Division, report directly to the Manager of
Guest Services & Retail, and are tasked with creating a welcoming environment for all Virginia Museum of
History & Culture guests, while providing excellent customer service, accurate wayfinding information, and
maintaining a friendly retail experience. In addition, qualified candidates will assist with digital outreach and
on-site programming as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Staff desks at museum entry points, assist guests with wayfinding and exploration and provide
excellent customer service to all guests
• Operate POS systems to process admission and retail sales, assist with visual merchandising and
maintain the appearance of the museum shop
• Fulfill web and mail-order purchases
• Assist with digital outreach initiatives and on-site programming for students and adults
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
• Must be responsible, flexible, punctual, and able to work well under pressure
• Must possess excellent communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and an interest in
• Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time, retrieving merchandise that can
weigh up to 30 pounds, and the ability to work weekends and select special events
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Retail and point of sale experience preferred
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society — a private, nonprofit
organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of
the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its
renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the everevolving story of Virginia. The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.