Library of Virginia - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Grant Manager
Salary - $70,000 to $75,000/Annually (commensurate with experience)
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
The Library of Virginia, the state library and archives of the commonwealth, is seeking a qualified Grant Manager to work in the Financial Services Branch of the Administrative Services Division. This position will be responsible for providing financial oversight, review, reconciliation, reporting, amendments, auditing, and closeout for all Federal, Commonwealth, and Private grant programs. In addition, this position will provide broad financial assistance and guidance to library staff and serve as secondary backup for the accounts payable function.
The Library of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of the Commonwealth of Virginia. To be successful in this position, in addition to the qualifications listed, you will need to value working for an agency that fosters a diverse, open, inclusive, team-oriented work environment. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability (except where physical requirements are a bona fide occupational qualification). Minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply.
This is an exempt level position and is eligible for limited telework opportunities. Telework opportunities will vary based on work needs.
The Library of Virginia offers a strong benefits package complete with 12 paid holidays, annual leave, family and personal leave, paid sick leave, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, retirement, deferred compensation, flexible work schedule, and much more.
Qualified state employees may be eligible for student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF
). As a full-time employee with the Library of Virginia, you may be able to take advantage of this program! Visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
for more information including eligibility requirements.
75% – Grants Management and Financial Reporting
15% – Financial Assistance
10% – Accounts Payable Backup
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Code of Federal Regulations, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniformed Guidance);
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of Federal and Commonwealth governmental accounting policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of and experience with grants management requirements and statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures of grant programs;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget and expenditure activities related to federally funded grants;
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile grant and accounts and produce summary reports;
- Ability to think and problem solve creatively;
- Ability to effectively manage and complete assignments independently and as a team member;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and financial management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; and
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and automated financial systems.
- Graduation from college or university with major studies in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and
- Experience with Cardinal Financial Application is highly preferred.