Job Listing: Grant Manager
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Grant Manager
Salary -$50,000 - $60,000 anually
Job Type - Full-Time, Remote (local), exempt
Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
The Grant Manager’s primary duties will be to prepare and complete proposals for grant and sponsorship opportunities. They will be responsible for managing successful proposals in coordination with staff across the Garden. In addition, they will assist with stewardship and appeal writing as needed.
· Research grant opportunities based on current and future funding needs.
· Will develop and track upcoming, current and past grants using a grant calendar for the organization.
· Develop grant/sponsorship applications and related documents (i.e. budgets, etc.) to create impactful and effective requests. Research appropriate supporting information to strengthen proposals.
· Manage all grant processes to meet the guidelines set forth by funders upon acceptance of grants/sponsorships.
· Provide excellent and timely communication with funders as required.
· Work with staff across departments to secure programmatic information and coordinate/communicate metrics and measurements.
· Maintain records for all grant/sponsorship proposals and assist the Associate Director of Advancement with the tracking of appropriate deadlines.
· In conjunction with appropriate stakeholders, monitor the progress of accepted funding to ensure compliance with guidelines and deadlines.
· Assist the Advancement and Marketing teams with the crafting of appeals and/or stewardship pieces for operational and capital campaign funds as needed.
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent persuasive and creative writing abilities.
· Excellent attention to detail and organization.
· Must communicate clearly, effectively and comfortably in written and spoken form with outside contacts and Garden staff/volunteers.
· Ability to work independently in a remote setting.
· Ability to create and maintain productive and effective relationships with staff across the Garden.
· Must adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and best practices for development professionals.
· Must be goal-oriented, yet flexible and adaptable to the ever-changing needs of the Garden.
· Must process a commitment to the Garden’s mission and core values.
Each employee of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
· Must comply with provisions of the current Employee Handbook, all published personnel policies and the requirements of their individual job descriptions.
· Must perform all duties in a manner consistent with a public garden serving multigenerational and multicultural individuals, families in accordance with directed practices and procedures.
· Must be aware of surroundings and vigilant to threats to the safety of visitors, volunteers, and staff or to security of their property, ensuring that all concerns are reported promptly.
· Must report all injuries and incidents immediately and ultimately in writing to supervisor(s) and to Human Resources.
· Must ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
· Must perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
· Position can be remote with required travel to the Garden for meetings as needed.
Note: Duties described above, other duties and physical demands have been identified as essential.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work history.
· At least two years of successful grant writing experience.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org