Job Listing: Facility Services Associate
VIRGINIA MUSEUM OF HISTORY & CULTURE - RICHMOND, VA
Facility Services Associate
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Facility Services Associate. This individual serves as a part of the Operations Division, reports directly to the Director of Facilities and is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day cleaning of the campus and the setup of VMHC events and facility rentals.
The Facility Services Associate (FSA) works to maintain the neatness and safety of the VMHC campus with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning facility bathrooms, kitchens, tables, windows, doors, handrails, elevators, stairwells, gallery areas and general office spaces
- Sweeping and removing debris at all entrances
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping throughout the facility
- Trash removal throughout the facility and grounds
- Maintaining a clean workspace and storage area
- Assisting with maintenance and grounds projects when needed
- Setting up chairs and tables for VMHC events and facility rentals
- Performing additional duties as requested.
The selected candidate will also possess the ability to get along well with others, take direction, prioritize work tasks and follow workplace safety processes and policies. The FSA must be self-motivated and able to work independently as needed.
This position requires early morning, evening and weekend hours and the ability to complete strenuous tasks for extended periods of time to include climbing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. The candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs. This is a part-time position.
Qualifications: High school education; knowledge of cleaning in public places and two years’ commercial setting cleaning experience preferred; possess an authentic interest in the mission and work of the VMHC.
Send letter of interest, resume and list of references electronically to Jobs@VirginiaHistory.org.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience