Job Listing: Executive Director, Loudoun Museum
Loudoun Museum - Loudoun County, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Executive Director
Salary - $70,000-$90,000/Annually, depending upon skills and experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Please submit CV, letter of interest and three professional references to LoudounMuseum2018@gmail.com
The Loudoun Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to telling the story of Loudoun County, Virginia, through innovative programming, interactive exhibitions and the unique collections of the Museum, is seeking an Executive Director.
This position’s chief responsibilities will be the following:
- Overall administration and management of the staff and the museum facility, including budget preparation and management, day-to-day operations of the museum facility, and personnel and volunteer management.
- In partnership with the Board of Trustees, develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Museum.
- Oversee the overall exhibition and program development of the museum, including developing high-quality exhibitions, programs and activities (including experiences for school, family, youth, adult, and community audiences).
- Engage with community organizations, Loudoun Museum members, and local, state and national governmental and educational organizations to build advocacy for the museum and assess community needs and issues.
- Develop and execute a marketing and strategic communications program in support of the Museum’s goals.
- Participate in fundraising activities, including grant writing, to support the Museum’s exhibits, conservation and preservation initiatives, and educational programs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws as well as financial reporting and audit requirements.
- Master's degree in American Studies, Public History, or Museum Studies, or a closely related field, plus five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, directing, and managing all aspects of a museum, public historical program or institution, business, governmental program, or non-profit organization (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the museum field, current museum practices, and artifact preservation and conservation standards.
- Curatorial and/or interpretive experience in a museum or corporate history environment.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with a Board of Trustees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, staff, officials from other governmental and private organizations, and the general public.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and familiarity with, historical and material culture research, issues and trends in regional public history, and general familiarity with American and Virginia history.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a wide range of staff positions -- both professional and non-professional -- in planning and developing complex projects, such as museum exhibits or educational programs.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, marketing and strategic communications, and working with membership organizations.
- Outstanding writing and public speaking skills.
- Preferred requirements: Additional years of experience in an academic or interpretive public historical program and/or a PhD degree are desirable.
Salary range: $70,000-$90,000, depending upon skills and experience. Position is open until filled.
Please submit CV, letter of interest and three professional references to LoudounMuseum2018@gmail.com
The Loudoun Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.