Job Listing: Executive Director & CEO
Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts- Suffolk, Virginia
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Executive Director & CEO
Salary - $95,000 to $110,000, plus standard benefits
Job Type - Full Time
Apply: Interested, qualified candidates should please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
L.Morrow@suffolkcenter.org. The position is open until filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by 5:00 pm on Friday, July 7.
The Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts is seeking an Executive Director/CEO to manage the operations of the Suffolk Center, a full-service, nonprofit, multicultural performing and visual arts venue located in historic downtown Suffolk. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, as chief executive officer, directs and oversees all programs, operations, and policies consistent with the organization’s mission and goals, as well as manages a professional staff of 10 full-time employees, 5 part-time staff, up to 30 per diem employees, and a team of volunteers.
• Is charged with maintaining an effective, fiscally responsible operating budget while overseeing performances, gallery exhibits, visual and performing arts classes, special events, community partnerships, youth arts education initiatives, community/corporate rentals, and venue usage, as well as development and fundraising activities.
• Oversees the leasing of space within the Suffolk Center, including a restaurant and permanent office spaces, to generate additional earned revenue.
• Is responsible for general operations, budget development, programming, strategy implementation, general administration, revenue generation, and overseeing staff, working in such areas as marketing, fundraising, box office, front of house, technical and artistic operations, special events, arts education, galleries, building maintenance, and finance.
• Represents the Suffolk Center to the public, the media, and the arts industry at-large through leadership and participation in community activities locally, state-wide, and beyond. The Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts has a pivotal role in the cultural, educational, and economic enrichment of the City of Suffolk.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, elected officials, City of Suffolk administration, educational institutions, the media, artists, artist managers, other groups, sponsors, volunteers, donors, and audiences.
- 5 – 10 years senior management experience
- Working knowledge of the visual and performing arts industry
- Leadership skills associated with running an organization that successfully met strategic and operational goals
- Experience building successful partnerships within the community, including donors
- Experience working with a board of directors and volunteers
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
About the Suffolk Center
The mission of the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts is to cultivate and promote the creative arts for all residents and visitors through programs and education. Our vision is to inspire the community and to enrich lives through the arts. Fulfilling our mission requires a commitment to inclusiveness in every aspect of our organization – our programming, operations, outreach, and leadership. The Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts supports diversity across all lines of difference, including race, age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, sex, range of ability, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression. We recognize that we can succeed only when our organization fully reflects the richness of the communities we serve. Learn more at www.suffolkcenter.org.