Job Listing: Events Coordinator, VMFA
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Events Coordinator
Salary - From $36,000/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
Title: Events Coordinator
Division: Guest Engagement
Reports to: Manager of Special Events
Position Status: Full-time; Exempt
Salary : $36,000/year
The Events Coordinator serves as part of the museum’s Guest Engagement division, reports to the Manager of Special Events, and is primarily responsible for all elements of facility rentals at the Virginia Museum of
History & Culture and its satellite venue, Virginia House, on behalf of the museum.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate private events and facility rentals to include weddings, daytime and evening meetings, corporate events, and various forms of facility rentals
- Respond to private event inquiries, coordinate site visits, process payments, and staff events
- Work closely with VHMC support services teams and contracted vendors, to include caterers and equipment rental companies, in addition to external partners, clients, members, and donors
- Assist with the efficient and orderly use of museum venues and meeting rooms, including proper communication of event and rental information within the organization
- Ensure adherence to VMHC rules of use during the planning and facilitation of all events, and work with government agencies when needed to secure any and all required permits and approvals
- Support a variety of public and donor engagement events as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Dedicated to providing best-in-class customer service and constituent stewardship
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work frequent non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or exemplary experience preferred
- Previous event management experience preferred
Note & Special Requirements:
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society — a private, non- profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever- evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $36,000.00 per year
Vaccination & mask requirements for those not vaccinated; high touch areas sanitized regularly
Work Location: Multiple Locations