Job Listing: Director of Advancement
Botanical Garden of the Piedmont - Charlottesville, VA
Closes - open until filled
Position Title - Director of Advancement
Compensation - $90,000+ dependent on experience
Job Type - full-time
Apply - Contact email@example.com to discuss this opportunity to be a part of something extraordinary.
Summary - We want the Botanical Garden of the Piedmont to be for everyone. We want it to be a place of healing, contemplation, and joy, set in an urban, magical, park-like atmosphere. Join our small but mighty team as Director of Advancement. Together, we are creating a place for beauty, inspiration, education, research, events, leisure, activity, and tourism.
What you will bring to the organization -
- Experienced in philanthropy best practices
- Experienced in creating compelling messaging to convey the beauty and importance of the garden and what it will mean to those who visit
- Experience and genuine enjoyment in relationship-building with major donors and partners
- A great track record with a successful capital campaign
- Ability to develop and execute a marketing plan
- Ability to create compelling content
- Ability to engage audiences through social media and other marketing channels
- Experienced in guiding, inspiring, and overseeing the development staff responsible for the annual fund campaign, membership list, and marketing events
- Experienced in overseeing the staff responsible for the gift acknowledgment process
Your areas of knowledge and expertise:
- Five years or more of fundraising or nonprofit experience
- Some successful experience with marketing and public relations
- A bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with donor database software
About The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont:
The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, among cherished historic landscapes and home to one of the nation’s great universities. It offers proximity to major cities, beaches, and mountains, and excellent restaurants, vineyards, and celebrated intellectual and cultural life.
Please take the time to look at our website and learn about us and our growth plans.