Job Listing: Digital Content Strategist
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Board Liaison and Executive Associate
Salary - $52k to $62k/year
Job Type - Full Time
Apply: please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Content Strategist
Who We Are
Do you believe in the power of stories? We do. Our Garden is full of them. Each day, the natural world, the work of our colleagues, and the community inspire us. The Digital Content Strategist will help share these stories through our multiple social channels, the Garden website, and blog, and in ways that will continue to evolve. There is no “typical day”; however, the Garden’s mission is its guide: connecting people through plants to improve communities.
What We Offer
The community-oriented, nonprofit Garden is your place to grow if you are looking for purpose and relevance. The Garden is consistently recognized as one of the top botanical gardens in the U.S. and is known as a leader in social media use among Richmond-area nonprofits. The next chapter of the Garden promises to be an exciting one, with expansion on the horizon and a focus on building resilient communities, promoting environmental stewardship, expanding collections, and supporting life-long learning.
The Digital Content Strategist will embody this work as “the online voice” of the Garden by building relationships, partnerships, and communities. From exploring the wonders of the natural world to sharing some of our region’s most-loved events, this position provides a friendly, fast-paced, and fun environment. The Garden is also committed to professional development and supports team members’ interests in training and education.
What Else You Should Know
Social media professionals know social media is 24/7. This position is the lead for social media and the Garden website; however, we know the importance of time away for mental health and self-care. There is some flexibility in the weekday monitoring schedule, especially when interns are part of the team. Some evening events require more extensive coverage. Each department member takes a turn in providing weekend coverage.
With more than 50 acres of gardens, there may not be a better office setting in all of Richmond! However, there is some flexibility for a hybrid schedule, including remote work.
To join our collaborative team, we are looking for a Digital Content Strategist to excel in:
1. Developing brand awareness, building community, and increasing website and in-person visitation.
2. Leading implementation of the Garden’s social media strategy to support the Garden’s overall goals and objectives.
3. Creating compelling content across multiple social media platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and TikTok,
4. Implementing a visual-forward focus, including experience with creating and editing videos for social media.
5. Monitoring social media. This can be supplemented through training and scheduling department interns.
6. Collaborating with Garden staff and volunteers across all departments, making them feel comfortable, empowered and excited to share the Garden’s best stories.
7. Planning and maintaining the social media editorial calendar.
8. Ensuring the Garden website is up-to-date, accurate and optimized for social media use.
9. Using two-way communication effectively, listening to audiences and providing valuable feedback to the organization. This position is a key member of the team in a crisis situation.
10. Applying best practices and using analytics to gather data to help inform planning and strategy.
11. Utilizing solid SEO knowledge and best practices to write blog posts and leverage web content, social media, and advertising to drive website traffic.
12. Unleashing their creativity, critical thinking, and innovation to help with the growth of the Garden.
13. Working with interns to update community calendars and respond to review sites such as TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Google Business.
14. Helping with other marketing-related activities as needed.
The Digital Content Strategist works with departments across the Garden and with many audiences, including volunteers, donors, members, guests, sponsors, and partners. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. Other members of the team include the Visual Media Specialist and paid interns. The Digital Content Strategist helps train staff and interns to use social media platforms and write blog posts. Qualifications
· 7-10 years of experience in managing multiple social media accounts for an organization or business. Experience with using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok as part of business strategy.
· An understanding of marketing, public relations, and brand management.
· Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and keywords strategy.
· Strong writing and proofing skills with a commitment to fact-checking and accuracy.
· Strong skills in producing visual assets, including photography and video. Proficiency in shooting and editing video.
· Experience with video editing software; Microsoft Office Suite; WordPress and Canva.
· A team player with emotional intelligence, flexibility and a growth mindset.
· Experience creating and managing e-newsletters.