Job Listing: Development Assistant (DAA)
National D-Day Memorial Foundation - Bedford, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Development Assistant
Salary - $14-16 per hour
Job Type - Full Time, Non-Exempt
Apply: Click Here
Reporting to the Director of Development, the DAA will provide administrative support and oversee processing and acknowledgement of individual donations, pledges, pledge payments, and corporate sponsorships. This position provides support to key areas of the development department, including memberships, major gifts, grants, events, capital campaigns, and annual giving programs. Superior customer service skills are essential, as is an emphasis on courtesy, confidentiality, and discretion. All duties are to be performed in compliance with state and federal law, as well as the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation. This position requires an in-office presence, as well as some evening, weekend, and holiday hours as needed to complete organizational goals, or as assigned by the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Gift Entry, Processing, and Acknowledgment:
· Enter all incoming gifts, memberships, and pledges into the Raiser’s Edge database
· Review contribution correspondence, determine donor intent, and process contributions to ensure funds are properly allocated and donor receives appropriate recognition, acknowledgement, and tax information
· Coordinate the acknowledgement and fulfillment process for all gifts and membership transactions to ensure timely and accurate donor stewardship
· Assist Receptionist with the printing and distribution of membership cards and benefits packages
· Manage outstanding pledges and ensure timely reminders are sent in advance of installment date
· Maintain accurate data on grantmaking activities in the Raiser’s Edge
· Work with the Accounting department to reconcile development and accounting records; provide timely and accurate financial reports on a daily, monthly, and as needed basis.
· Field incoming calls, greet visitors, and respond to donor inquiries, requests, and complaints
· Assist Director of Development with booking travel arrangements and making reservations associated with fundraising activities; coordinate timely submission of business receipts to the Director of Administration
· Generate reports, transcribe meeting minutes, create presentations, generate expense reports, and conduct research as needed
· Coordinate schedule with Receptionist to ensure adequate office coverage
· Prepare funding proposals for donor cultivation and solicitation meetings, including copying materials, package assembly, and filing
· Assist Receptionist with office tasks such as filing, generating reports and presentations, meeting and event preparation, and reordering supplies.
This position requires the aptitude and willingness to perform the following KSA’s in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation:
· Exhibit technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM database systems, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Be detail and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic.
· Present a professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor at all times.
· Demonstrate effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Exhibit the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
· Be creative, highly motivated, resourceful outgoing, and team oriented.
· Demonstrate a proven track record for setting and achieving challenging goals.
· Demonstrate experience handling sensitive situations with diplomacy.
· Exhibit the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
· Work weekend and evening hours as needed or requested.
This position has no direct or indirect reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree with one to two years’ related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in CRM database systems (Raiser’s Edge), gift processing, and/or accounting preferred
· Experience in customer service
LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to generate routine reports and oversee correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Exhibit above average public relations and customer service skills
· Exhibit above average written and oral communication skills
· Work well with the general public
· Maintain a positive relationship and work well with management, co-workers, and volunteers
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Exercise good judgement
· Exhibit a high level of skill with proactive problem resolution
· Exhibit a high level of confidentiality
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand or walk; however, rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions in addition to a standard office environment. Dependent on the task or circumstance, the employee might be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate