Job Listing: Development Assistant
STRATFORD HALL - STRATFORD, VA
Position Closes February 28, 2019
Position: Development Assistant
Reports To: Director of Development
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Term: Full-time Hours/week: 40
Stratford Hall seeks a professional to provide operational and administrative support to the Development
Office in order to meet fund raising priorities and promote Stratford Hall’s mission to the public.
General Statement of Duties:
1. Support the Director of Development with drafting, producing and disseminating various
development communications through all communication channels.
2. Prepare research profiles and briefing materials for the Director of Development.
3. Support execution of special events related to Friends of Stratford and other development-led
4. Assist at major internal and offsite events as required.
5. Identify, cultivate, and secure sponsors for key events.
6. Research and write grants and maintain a grant calendar.
7. Execute stewardship strategies for donors to ensure that donors are thanked and recognized in a
8. Coordinate Futuri Society activities, including mailings, events, and individual donor outreach
under the direction of the Director of Development.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and one to three years work experience preferred.
Excellent writing, editing, social media, and verbal communication skills
Proficient in PC and PC software. Familiarity with email marketing and fundraising software
Job Description – Development and Marketing Communications Assistant - continued
Exhibit attention to detail in production of all department materials
Ability to coordinate and work with staff and external vendors and stakeholders
Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines
Display a professional manner with both staff and public
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of donor information
Ability to physically meet the duties listed above.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Laura Fortsch at LFortsch@stratfordhall.org.
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2019.
Robert E. Lee Memorial Association, Inc.
483 Great House Road
Stratford, VA 22558