Job Listing: Development Assistant
Jamestown Rediscovery - Jamestown, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Development Assistant
Salary - $17.00/Hourly
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - click here.
Primary Function: The Development Assistant performs a variety of tasks that support the overall success of the Development team, including volunteer coordinating, data analysis and reporting, and other fundraising and marketing related duties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides general office assistance as needed, including making copies, filing, and other routine duties.
- Updates donor records in the development database, including linking key documents to records, address changes, special requests and notations.
- Assists in regular gift stewardship tasks, including reports and communications which illustrate the effectiveness of donor involvement.
- Makes “thank you” phone calls to donors who have recently made gifts.
- Works with the Development team to provide superior, personalized donor recognition including onsite, in printed materials, and using other creative methods.
- Assists the Development team in preparing visitation and fundraising reports and presentations in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. In collaboration with the audience management team, collects, organizes, and carefully maintains the variety of Jamestown constituents to effectively target messaging.
- Manages all Foundation volunteers including recruiting, training, scheduling, and team building.
- Works directly with guests and fellow staff to prepare custom itineraries and events.
- Exemplary skills in writing, grammar, language usage, and proofreading. Must be extremely organized and pay close attention to detail.
- An understanding of the fundraising processes and how it supports the mission of the Jamestown Rediscovery Foundation.
- Ability to express Foundation objectives in a compelling and organized manner.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment to make recommendations and solve problems.
- Flexibility to work in an environment with widely varying workload levels and changing work priorities.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, including weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision by assuming the responsibilities required of the position and working in a proactive manner.
- Must work effectively under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have a polished and professional demeanor and be comfortable on camera.
Qualifications generally gained through a four-year degree (BA in History or English preferred).
Compensation and schedule:
Position is full-time, hourly, with the possibility of advancement into a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Work hours 9-5 pm Monday-Friday. Occasional special events that may require additional hours or weekend work.
Wage is $17 per hour, dependent on experience.
Please submit both a cover letter and résumé via email to Katie Kowicki
No phone calls please.