Job Listing: Database and Development Coordinator
Historic Kenmore - Fredericksburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Database and Development Coordinator
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-time
For more info and to apply - Click here
Function: The Database and Development Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for the Foundation’s development database, and files and coordinates logistics for the annual appeal and related cultivation event logistics. She or he processes all gifts to the Foundation, conducts data entry and works with the accounting department in generating gift reports for the financial system. This individual will work closely with the Director of Advancement in conducting annual appeals and related development cultivation events and activities
Education: Bachelors Degree
Skills: Experience in development office of a non-profit organization; Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; Excellent attention to detail; Strong problem-solving skills; Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately; Experience with relational databases (preferably The Raiser’s Edge version 7) and internet research; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Ability to work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team; Flexibility in handling special assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates receipt of all types of philanthropic gifts and their acknowledgement. Processes gifts and produces personalized acknowledgement letters working closely with the President and Director of Institutional Advancement. Generates daily, monthly, and annual gift reports as required for development and finance needs, including audit and annual reports.
- Serves as the Foundation’s manager of the Raiser’s Edge development database, entering data as well as visit reports and organizing mailing lists. Performs data back up and maintenance efforts. Maintains hard copy records of development correspondence.
- Coordinates special events – communicating closely with Development and Foundation colleagues – such as Regent and Trustee Weekend, Apollo Council Meetings, and development visits. Monitors event registration payments and expenses.
- As part of development, marketing, and communications initiatives, with colleagues across the Foundation, help conceive, draft, proof, and produce complex mailings including the spring and year-end appeals, development newsletters, and web-based communications.
- Conducts development research and helps draft and proof annual giving funding requests.
- Serves as a point of contact for the Regents, proactively updating the President and Director of Institutional Advancement on communications with Regents, Trustees, and key supporters.
- Performs additional projects – in collaboration with colleagues – as assigned by the Director of Institutional Advancement.