Job Listing: Collections Assistant
Agecroft Hall - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title –Collections Assistant
Salary - $13.40/hr
Job Type - Part-time: 10-12 hours/week
Apply: please email a short cover letter and resume/CV to Emily Cunningham at email@example.com.
Mondays required; Occasional weekend and evening work also required.
Reports to Curator of Collections
Position starts immediately.
The Collections Assistant will assist the Curator with the care and maintenance of Agecroft’s collection, consisting primarily of 17th century English artifacts. The Collections Assistant will also assist with seasonal house changes and environmental monitoring.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform regular exhibit maintenance, collection inspections and cleaning.
· Monitor museum environment with particular attention to temperature/humidity and integrated pest management.
· Work with curator and conservator in object movement and re-housing, record maintenance, and other projects as assigned.
· Perform other duties beyond the scope of the above responsibilities as assigned.
· B.A degree (or significant progress towards a BA) in Art History, History, or related field preferred.
· Knowledge of proper handling, display, and storage of a variety of artifacts ranging from paper and vellum to ceramics and metals.
· Willingness to learn proper conservation techniques. Prior experience helpful.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
· Ability to bend, stoop, stretch and spend long periods of time on feet.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Administrative and clerical skills necessary as well as computer literacy
· Some knowledge of museum database software helpful
If interested, please email a short cover letter and resume/CV to Emily Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agecroft Hall is an equal opportunity employer.