Job Listing: Chief Operating Officer
Science Museum of Virginia - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Chief Operating Officer
Salary - $95,000 - $125,000/Annually. Commensurate with experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click here
The Science Museum has something for people of all ages. Science is all around us and discoveries are limitless. We strive to change our guests’ perspective on the world.
The Science Museum is located in iconic Broad Street Station in Richmond. To reach Virginians across the state, the Science Museum network also includes the Danville Science Center, located in Danville, and is developing the Northern Virginia Science Center, which will be located in Loudoun County.
The Science Museum is seeking a transformative Chief Operations Officer (COO) who will be directly responsible for the overall guest experience at the Science Museum of Virginia, from daily guest interactions at the front desk to major special events, and all things in between. The COO is responsible for exceeding all guest expectations.
- Broad comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of superior guest service and experience in a museum environment.
- Organizational leadership skills with a track record of successful management and decision-making.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve results.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a friendly, professional and timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Significant experience in museum operations and management, customer service or human resource management.
- Ability to develop, foster and strengthen relationships.
- An eye for detail, friendliness and hospitality.