Job Listing: Chief Operating Officer
International Arts & Artists - Washington, DC
Closes - 1/31/2022
Position Title – Chief Operating Officer
Salary - $70,000 to $100,000 /year depending on qualifications and experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: See below
POSITION OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT:
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER at INTERNATIONAL ARTS & ARTISTS
International Arts & Artists (IA&A), a nonprofit arts service organization based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to manage the organization’s financial, personnel & benefits, facility maintenance and infrastructure, and regulatory compliance needs. The COO will work under the direction of and closely with IA&A’s Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications: Candidates must have either a graduate degree in a related area (business, law, human resources, etc.) or equivalent multiple years of proven successful job experience managing a complex small business, non-profit, or government agency. Candidates should have a proven history of effective work with others, handling multiple functions in concert, dedication to the task, and making best use of limited resources. Because of the related fiscal responsibilities, conditional offers will be subject to background checks. Prior hiring, proof of legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer and full vaccination against Covid must be provided.
- Monitor IA&A’s financial performance / cash flow; develop financial plans that align with the organization's strategic priorities; and identify short term financial needs to ensure that obligations are met
- Develop annual, multi-year, and organization/project/grant budgets
- Provides the CEO with information of IA&A’s complete fiscal position for the Board of Trustees and its Treasurer
- Oversee monthly and annual financial/tax reporting, including overseeing required audits, fiscal grant reports, IRS return preparation, and DC Office of Tax and Revenue reporting
- Review and oversight of financial transactions and manage relationships with banks and financial institutions
- Oversee bookkeeping (Quick Books experience preferred)
- Develop and maintain adherence to financial best practices and procedures
- Assist staff in developing scopes of work and managing deliverables for external partnerships
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of payroll, employee benefits, business insurance.
- Ensure nonprofit (outside earned income, conflicts of interest, lobbying and political activity restrictions, etc.) regulatory and other law compliance (Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA, COBRA, etc.)
- Support recruitment and talent retention strategies
- Handle all contracts, including grant agreements, business and vendor contracts, subcontracts, and government agreements
- Reviews or oversees the review of all legal documents
- Manage physical facilities and assets (building maintenance and security, furnishings, computer hardware)
- Identify, select, and work with consultants (e.g. IT, bookkeeper, phone systems, copy/printer support)
- Work effectively with the CEO and key program leadership to create a safe, healthy, enjoyable, and productive work environment
The salary for this position is limited to $70,000 to $100,000 /year depending on qualifications and experience. IA&A offers a generous leave schedule, a well-subsidized employee’s health insurance premium, options for long-term disability and life insurance coverage, and other benefits. This position may occasionally be required to work outside of regular work hours including occasional evenings and weekends. Selected applicant will work onsite at IA&A offices in Washington DC. To learn more about IA&A, visit ArtsandArtists.org.
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing the specifics of this announcement and chronologically arranged resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline for applying is Monday, January 31, 2022. Qualified applicants will be contacted. References will be subsequently expected from all immediate past employers. No phone calls please. International Arts & Artists is an equal opportunity employer.