Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - O6/22/2022
Position Title – Chief Development Officer - VA250 Commission
Salary - $100,000-$115,000/Annually with State Benefit Package.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
This Chief Development Officer is tasked to lead the VA250 Commission’s fundraising effort and be responsible for the development and philanthropic revenue-generating needs of the organization. The CDO will be a strategic partner within the Commission leadership team and will devise, implement, and manage a comprehensive program, including creating a development plan that maximizes contributed income from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources. The CDO will ensure the effective delivery of the Commission’s vision, mission, and brand through fundraising programs and will establish secure diversified funding resources for its duration. Will also lead staff, Commission members and volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of contributors.
This is a restricted position based on non-recurring funding through June 30, 2027.
- A passion for VA250’s purpose and mission
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and ability to actively support a team
- Demonstrated experience with successful interpersonal communications that leads to an environment of respect
- Creative instincts and experience with demonstrated success in fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to influence key audiences and individuals
- Poise and confidence needed to establish credibility and respect with high visibility audiences and individuals
- Excellent personal and persuasive oral communications skills
Minimum 10 years of experience in successful fundraising, either in-house or with an agency, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit an application either online at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/ or by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com for additional application options. Applicants only will be screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related documents. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent with legal requirements.