Job Listing: Buildings & Grounds Coordinator
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Buildings & Grounds Coordinator
Salary - $50,000 - $55,000 (starting salary range)
Job Type - Full Time
Apply: If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to Click here
The Buildings & Grounds Coordinator operates and manages museum-owned facilities to efficiently and economically maintain conservation, preservation and comfort needs. The Buildings & Grounds Coordinator also provides leadership, support and effective management to the Buildings & Grounds Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists management with support to develop and manage preventative maintenance programs on museum-owned facilities and equipment as prescribed by manufacture specifications, code requirements and/or industry standards
· Assist management with construction and repair projects for museum-owned facilities
· Coordinate and assist in responding to and preforming staff generated work requests in a timely manner with limited call- backs
· Maintain parts and supplies inventory for critical systems to minimize limited downtime and provide for efficient department performance
· Manage, communicate with, and update the list of current maintenance vendors and contractors
· Assist management with building operations budget allocations
· Provide primary on-call response to emergencies
· Assist Security with the daily opening and closing of museum-owned facilities as needed
· Assist management and staff with special projects as directed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
· Thorough working knowledge of building operation systems and historic structures
· Ability to read and apply building blueprints, equipment schematics and building specification manuals
· Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
· Possess understanding of budget process
· Ability to manage automated energy management systems to conserve energy and minimize utility budgets
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to perform manual duties to include climbing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
· Good customer service skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Knowledge of or a willingness to achieve at least a journeyman’s level of competency in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or related field.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in commercial maintenance and building operations
· Willingness to complete Certified DCJS registration to become an Alarm Respondent & Unarmed Security Officer/Courier
Note & Special Requirements:
· May require early morning, evening and weekend hours
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society — a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.