Job Listing: Brand and Design Manager
Colonial Williamsburg – Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Brand and Design Manager
Salary - Range
Job Type - Regular Full-Time 37.5+hrs per week
Apply: Click Here
Summary Job Description
Strategically evaluates brand to lead and implement visual identity redesigns as well as iterative brand evolutions in close coordination with partners across The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Serves as the primary graphic designer for the Development Office’s special projects, including newsletters and annual reports as well as reiterative collateral including newsletters, brochures and other communications collateral that bring the Foundation’s vision and fundraising goals to life through compelling and engaging presentation. Ensures brand is designed for and resonates with target audiences, inspiring their engagement and, ultimately, philanthropic investment.
1. Engages and inspires internal and external audiences with creative, high-quality coordinated design that advances the importance and relevance of Colonial Williamsburg’s mission.
a. Evaluates brand standards and leverages internal and external partnerships to implement thoughtful brand evolutions to elevate the impact of the Foundation’s communications.
b. Ensures brand accuracy through multiple types of media, including print, photography, video and audio.
c. Schedules and plans projects using a comprehensive and shared calendar to ensure timely delivery of content to target audiences.
d. Works with printers and mail houses to ensure accurate and timely publication and delivery.
e. Leverages design, photography and creative programs and technology to develop cutting edge, creative and high quality print and multimedia materials.
2. Leads rebranding initiatives, including management of focus groups, internal partnerships and external vendor relationships.
3. Ensures that all materials reflect the high quality that exemplifies Colonial Williamsburg. Keeps abreast of latest trends in design and communications, developing relationships with counterparts in order to find new and creative ways to engage with audiences and prompt their involvement and action.
4. Manages the production of effective and accurate print, digital and multimedia materials for a variety of communications under strict deadlines.
5. Conducts data analysis to evaluate performance and implement findings, contributing to more effective communication strategies.
6. Ensures that all communications follow federal and state regulations.
7. Works collaboratively on special projects with the Colonial Williamsburg Fund, Planned Giving and Principal Gifts teams and other Development stakeholders.
8. Solves complex challenges with innovation and creativity, and performs additional tasks as assigned.
9. Acts as a resource to colleagues across the Foundation and ensures brand and design best practice.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
· A four-year college degree and/or relevant experience in communications, graphic design, marketing, history or another field emphasizing creativity and effective communication.
· 5+ years of experience in brand management and graphic design.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Experience in project management software.
· A Master’s degree in marketing or communications, an M.B.A. or certification in brand management.
· 7+ years of experience in brand management and graphic design.
· Experience in media, journalism or museum setting is beneficial.
· Strong video editing skills.
· Extensive experience with online fundraising tools and non-profit or educational fundraising.
· Outstanding interpersonal, written, collaborative, and organizational skills.
· Proven ability to set priorities and manage time and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment effectively.
· Innovative mindset with strong implementation skills with flexibility and adaptability in an emerging and changing environment.
· Direct experience in production management, particularly the development of online presences, direct response marketing programs, and collateral materials.
· Excellent proofing skills and proven ability to evaluate images that complement messaging and brand.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.