Job Listing: Annual Giving Coordinator
National D-Day Memorial Foundation - Bedford, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Annual Giving Coordinator
Salary - $16.83 - $19.23/ hour
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click Here
The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating/measuring a comprehensive annual giving and membership program to support the Foundation’s annual operating budget. Work is of a confidential nature requiring tremendous initiative and a highly organized individual who is self-motivated. He/she must demonstrate the ability to work independently or collaboratively to achieve desired outcomes. The coordinator will design and execute multi-channel donor appeal/acquisition campaigns; develop reports; create spreadsheets; develop and present professional presentations; have practical experience with the Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software; and have fluent computer skills. All duties are to be performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation.
· With the Director of Development, establish fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, and schedules
· Provide analytical results for each element of the annual giving program, designed to broaden the Foundation’s donor base and increase overall participation and financial support.
· Manage and enhance the Foundation’s membership program
· Oversee upkeep and maintenance of the Foundation’s donor database, the Raiser’s Edge
· Support the Director of Development, Associate Director of Development, and other senior staff members in major gift and capital campaign efforts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct Mail Program Management
o Prepare effective, engaging, creative, and grammatically correct printed, electronic, and verbal script materials to support annual giving program
o With Director of Development, plan and execute comprehensive mailing schedule, including supporting electronic communications
o Using The Raiser’s Edge, generate mailing lists based on select criteria
o Interact with direct mail vendors, providing direction and troubleshooting issues
o Maintain accurate reports of appeal performance
o Collaborate with staff to plan, compile, and distribute semi-annual newsletter, The Overlord Report
· Database Maintenance
o Perform necessary weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual database hygiene tasks in The Raiser’s Edge
o Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all annual giving activity
o Analyze data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to provide analysis of program results and plan for future segmentation
o Stay abreast of database capabilities, features, and changes and make recommendations, where appropriate, to make Foundation’s data maintenance processes and strategies more efficient
o Exercise initiative when troubleshooting technological challenges, with the goal of maintaining up-to-date, accurate, and clean records and reports
· Membership Program
o Create written and verbal communications to engage new, current, and lapsed members
o Plan and execute regular membership mailings to promote member retention and program growth
o Consult with Director of Marketing to schedule regular email and social media communications for members
o Support the Associate Director of Development in identifying and converting prospective D-Day Society members (major giving society)
o Run weekly, monthly, and annual membership reports and data maintenance tasks in TAM (The Assistant Manager), the Foundation’s CRM program
o Ensure membership records in TAM and the Raiser’s Edge are accurate and up-to-date
· Major Gift and Campaign Support
o Perform prospect research to identify potential major donors
o Identify and make recommendations for conversion of annual fund donors to major gift prospect status
o Provide research support, develop special communications, and assemble supplementary materials to assist Associate Director and Director of Development in cultivating sponsors, major donors, and campaign supporters
o Stay abreast of Foundation’s campaign strategy and provide support for activities as needed
o Participate in special donor cultivation events as requested
· Additional Duties:
o Facilitate timely and regular donor recognition and stewardship efforts
o Perform other duties as assigned by Foundation management
This position requires the aptitude and willingness to perform the following KSA’s in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National D-Day Memorial Foundation:
· Arrive to work on time and work as scheduled.
· Assist with work schedule management to ensure appropriate office coverage to support donor needs.
· Present a professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor at all times.
· Demonstrate effective organizational and interpersonal skills
· Possess strategic planning and analytical skills
· Be detail and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic
· Be creative, highly motivated, outgoing, and team oriented.
· Possess excellent computer and technical skills with all Microsoft Office programs, as well as database management and troubleshooting.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and experience working directly with members or donors
· Possess a proven track record for managing processes to set and achieve challenging goals.
· Demonstrate experience handling sensitive situations with diplomacy.
· Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as a team member to develop programs that maximize fund raising income from members.
· Show initiative, resourcefulness, and teachability
· Ability to take constructive criticism
· Exhibit the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
· Work weekend, evening, and overtime hours as needed or requested.
· Some travel may be required.
This position has no direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree with experience in writing or communications required. Fundraising, database, and/or direct marketing experience is preferred. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software. Familiarity with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) or another database preferred. Ability and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a variety of departments is critical, as are initiative and imagination. Strong written and personal communication skills. Good organizational ability and inter-personal skills.
LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to create and interpret specialized reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups such as potential donors, volunteers, or employees of the organization.
· Exhibit above average written and oral communication skills.
· Ability and experience to prepare effective, grammatically correct text for appeals and other correspondence.
· Exhibit above average public relations and customer service skills.
· Work well with the general public.
· Maintain a positive relationship and work well with management, co-workers, donors, and volunteers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform analysis on financial data, including, but not limited to rate, ratio, and percent; and to prepare and interpret illustrative graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Demonstrate the ability to exercise independent judgement and make sound business decisions.
· Demonstrate the ability to make sound common sense decisions.
· Exhibit a high level of skill with problem resolution.
· Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand or walk; however, rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The National D-Day Memorial is an outdoor facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions in addition to a standard office environment. Dependent on the task or circumstance, the employee might be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate.