Job Listing: FESTIVAL MANAGER for THE RICHMOND SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
Agecroft Hall - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – FESTIVAL MANAGER for THE RICHMOND SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
Salary - $19.50/hour.
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Emily Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1st.
AGECROFT HALL AND GARDENS EMPLOYMENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is a 23 acre estate featuring a Tudor house originally built c. 1500 in England and transported to Richmond in 1925. Now a museum, the house is open to the public four days a week. In the summer, Agecroft partners with Richmond Shakes (formerly known as Quill Theatre) to host the Richmond Shakespeare Festival. This year, performances will run Thursday-Sunday evenings from early June through late July. For more information on Agecroft Hall, go to www.Agecrofthall.org and for Richmond Shakes, go to www.RichmondShakespeare.org.
FESTIVAL MANAGER for THE RICHMOND SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
Job Summary: Over the course of the summer, Agecroft will welcome 3,000+ visitors to picnic on the grounds and enjoy a Shakespeare play on the back lawn. The Festival Manager is in charge of ensuring that every night of the Richmond Shakespeare Festival runs smoothly from the moment the gates open for the public until the last people leave the premises. The Festival Manager has primary responsibility for running the Box Office, overseeing concessions and managing front of house for Richmond Shakes’ productions Thursday-Sunday evenings 5-11pm. She/He/They must work closely with Shake’s cast, crew and staff.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the nightly operations of the Richmond Shakespeare Festival at Agecroft Hall & Gardens with special attention to the following duties:
1. Work with staff from both Agecroft and Richmond Shakes (including Security) to prepare for the Festival and ensure that the customer experience at the Festival is both safe and enjoyable.
2. Work with Festival vendors on logistics.
3. Train Festival staff on their duties for box office, front of house, ushering, and concessions.
4. Participate in installation and deinstallation of stage on Agecroft’s back lawn. Supervise set strike.
5. Introduce Shakes cast and crew to Agecroft property and train them on Festival rules and best practices.
6. Work with director and production team to ensure smooth load-in and out for each production.
7. Open the house each night and make sure box office, concessions and front of house are ready to go at 6pm.
8. Ensure smooth communication among Shakes cast/crew and Agecroft staff.
9. Work with Shakes on weather related delays/cancellations, communicate any change in plan to the audience, and direct everyone to safe shelter.
10. Receive actors/partners/visitors on performance nights, answer questions and solve problems as they arise.
11. Attend weekly meetings (usually Monday evenings 6-7pm) with production team to plan logistics. Advise production team on best practices for each show.
12. Close down the Festival each night and be the last off the property.
Job Specifications: Must have relevant experience in front of house theater management. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Customer service experience a plus. Strong work ethic. Ability to think on one’s feet and problem solve in real time. Attention to detail. Ability to work well on a team as well as independently. Sense of humor.
Working Conditions: Working outdoors on summer evenings. Many evenings are hot and humid with a chance of rain. Position requires walking, sitting and occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to 30 pounds. Must pass a background check.
This is a part time, seasonal position running from mid May to the end of July. The pay rate is $19.50/hour.
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Emily Cunningham at email@example.com no later than March 1st.