Job Listing: Office Administrator
Patrick Henry’s Red Hill - Brookneal, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Office Administrator
Salary - $27,500 - $32,500
Job Type - Full Time. Benefit Eligible
Apply: email a resume with references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Henry’s Red Hill (Brookneal, VA), a 501 (c)(3), is currently seeking a full-time Office
Administrator who is responsible for the overall operation and supervision of the museum, offices,
and visitor center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee financial management of the museum, its programs, and events, including payroll,
bookkeeping, budgeting, financial statements, and working with audit.
• Oversee the general operation of museum facilities and operations; support the delivery of high
quality, visitor-centered programs and services; and establish an effective team culture.
• Supervise, inspire, and mentor staff and volunteers to bring optimum performance while
effectively working together as a team.
• Effectively collaborate with an array of constituencies, including the CEO, Board of Directors,
and vendors to advance and elevate the museum’s mission and vision.
• Provide fundraising and donor development support.
• Dynamic and innovative leader who demonstrates a deep passion for preserving history and who
enjoys sharing that passion with others.
• Organized with a high attention to detail while managing the time of staff efficiently and
• Experience with public relations and excellent verbal and written communication skills for
visitor-facing and internal interactions.
• Ability to lead, integrate, and inspire a small team and support a focused visitor-centered
approach to everything the team works on.
• Strong work ethic, strategic thinker, problem solver, and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to work some weekends, holidays, and special events.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks, and related skills in database management.
• Coursework or equivalent experience in fields such as accounting, finance, human resources, and
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy, and integrity.
• Experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit.
• Knowledge of professional best practices in facility management and museum operations.
• Salary Range $27,500 - $32,500
• Employer paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• Competitive retirement plan matching.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Professional development opportunities.