Job Listing: Education Manager for School, Youth, and Family Programs
Capital Jewish Museum -Washington, D.C.
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Education Manager for School, Youth, and Family Programs
Salary - $55,000-60,000
Job Type - Full-Time
Apply: Interested applicants are asked to please forward a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to
email@example.com. Please put in the subject line Edu/your name.
The Lillian and Albert Small Capital Jewish Museum seeks an experienced educator to
work closely with the Executive Director and our small professional team to serve school
and family audiences with excellence and move the Museum forward at this exciting
critical juncture. The newest addition to the cultural landscape of DC, we are completing
the building and exhibitions and preparing to open to the public in June 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all services and experiences for school groups, family, and youth
• Conceptualize, design, and implement curriculum, school visits and field trips,
effectively linking the Museum exhibitions and content to State Standards,
curricular goals, and teachers’ needs.
• Design and implement programs for families and intergenerational audiences
• Participate as active member of Education team, along with Education Manager
for Programs, and Education Coordinator, volunteers, and interns.
• Lead walking tours and train new guides.
• Conduct school group visits and train other staff and volunteers to facilitate
• In partnership with the Education and Curatorial teams, plan activities and
resources for our Community Action Lab—as an extension of the core exhibition
and a lively expression of the “Act” segment of our mission.
• Manage School programs and visit logistics, with Education Coordinator.
• Assist with grant proposal development as it relates to school, youth, and family
• Build partnerships with other collegial, museum, and community organizations;
school systems in DC, suburban Maryland, and Northern Virginia, Jewish day
and religious schools, other parochial, independent, and charter schools.
• Develop discovery carts and tactile exhibit exploration kits for families.
• Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
• Five+ years in increasingly responsible education or museum education
• Proven record of success in education in the metro Washington, DC area is a
• Classroom experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Jewish life and history and DC regional history valued; interest
and commitment to urban and social justice issues a plus.
• Experience, comfort, and demonstrated success working with students and
across intergenerational audiences.
• Passion for the mission of the Museum and audience engagement.
• Energetic, creative, and organized with impeccable professional accountability
and work ethic.
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal
About the Capital Jewish Museum
The Capital Jewish Museum is a new Jewish history and culture museum under
construction (and nearly complete) located at 3rd and F St. NW, Washington, DC, just a
block from the National Building Museum, and short walk from Union Station. The
Museum will open our doors to the public in late spring 2023.The new Capital
Jewish Museum explores the Jewish experience in the national capital region, CJM
inspires visitors to connect, reflect and act: connect personally and collectively, reflect
on the relevance of the past to today, and act on behalf of their values and
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience within the range of $55,000-60,000. The Capital
Jewish Museum offers a generous vacation schedule, and benefits package that includes
health insurance (employer pays 75% of employee), Metro Stipend, Life Insurance, and
a 403b retirement account with a 3% employer match after a vestment period.
Interested applicants are asked to please forward a resume and cover letter in a single
PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line Edu/your name.
Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment background check and proof
of vaccination against COVID-19.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. CJM encourages applications
from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
and veteran status.