Job Listing: Gift Planning Officer
Colonial Williamsburg – Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Gift Planning Officer
Salary - Range
Job Type - Regular Full-Time 37.5+hrs per week
Apply: Click Here
Summary Job Description
The Gift Planning Officer is responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of planned giving prospects. In this role, the officer will assist with implementing a comprehensive program that educates and inspires donors on charitable giving opportunities inclusive of bequests and other deferred giving vehicles. Additionally, the gift planning officer will proactively collaborate with donors and their advisors while ensuring that the execution of administrative functions are performed accurately and completely. This position will be responsible for achieving quantitative and programmatic goals as detailed by the Executive Director and other development leadership.
1. Maintains a high level of expertise regarding planned giving techniques, a thorough understanding of federal and state tax law as relates to charitable giving, federal and state regulation of planned gifts, and a general working knowledge of estate planning, retirement planning and investments.
2. Manages a portfolio of planned giving prospects with a focus on prospect qualification, cultivation, solicitation, gift closure and stewardship. Follows moves management protocols as established by executive director and prospect development.
3. Implements a results-oriented approach to qualifying planned giving prospects. Employs direct, personal prospect/donor contact through telephone calls, correspondence, and in-person visits (both on and off-site).
4. Prepares detailed, comprehensive gift proposals for donors interested in making planned gift(s), responding to each donor’s individual situation and conveying technical information in a way that is simple for donors to understand. As needed, collaborates with the donor’s advisors when determining the planned gift vehicle that best suits their client.
5. Achieves measurable goals that includes donor contact, solicitation and closed gifts.
6. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with donors, prospects and all development colleagues.
7. Creates and implements prospect strategy and accurately records steps towards that strategy in the database of record, inclusive of proposal entry/update.
8. Participates in and assists with Goodwin Society meetings and in the meetings of the three special donor societies: Raleigh Tavern, Burgesses, Associates.
9. Collaborates with the Executive Director and the Director of Gift Planning Operations on unit’s marketing efforts. Responsible for providing input in the newsletter with CWF’s external vendor and the newsletter ads in CWF’s internal newsletters.
10. Fully supports the Executive Director and implements and executes industry Best Practices.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two to four years of direct experience in front line fundraising
· Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Donor-centric mindset
· Experience, directly or indirectly, in planned giving solicitation cycles
· Strong collaboration skills
· Proven ability to move prospects through the solicitation process
· Ability to self-manage time and projects
· Experience in planned giving processes and protocols
· Proficiency in constituent relational databases and other software/technology tools
**Please include a resume and Cover Letter with your application*