Job Listing: Fiscal and Operations Specialist
UVA’s Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection - Charlottesville, VA
Closes - This position will remain open until filled. Review of applicants will begin on June 27, 2022.
Position Title – Fiscal and Operations Specialist
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
UVA’s Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection seeks a Fiscal and Operations Specialist to provide fiscal, administrative and operational support to the museum. The ideal candidate also has a general understanding of best practices for purchasing, payment, reimbursement, timekeeping, payroll, and HR policies and procedures.
Kluge-Ruhe's vision is a world in which Indigenous peoples, cultures and arts are honored and celebrated. We expand knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Australian art and culture to cultivate greater appreciation of human diversity and creativity.
Fiscal Administration Responsibilities:
- Ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Act as the ExpenseUVA (or other expense system of record) fiscal approver
- Prepare monthly reconciliations in Recon@, process cost transfers and reimbursements as needed
- Track spending and cash balances throughout the year
- Act as a delegated user in TravelUVA to book work-related travel for the director
- Prepare requested financial analyses using Workday, UBI, Adaptive, or other standard financial tools
- Procure supplies, services and catering
- Maintain office records according to UVA policy
- Work with Kluge-Ruhe leadership on the annual budget submission in Adaptive
- Facilitate and track grant spending and restrictions
- Deposit and track gifts to the museum, as well as donor information, through Advance
- Manage museum memberships including annual solicitations and gift acknowledgements
- Manage Quickbooks POS system and related GL accounting
Operations Administration Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison with Facilities Management and UVA Foundation to address building and grounds concerns
- Coordinate IT resources with ExecTech and prepare annual reports such as PCI Compliance, SAQ B, and the ISRM assessment
- Manage the Kluge-Ruhe gift shop by procuring merchandise, liaising with vendors and maintaining a quality appearance with the goal of increasing sales and revenue
- Staff the reception desk and perform other visitor services tasks as needed
- Assist with the coordination, setup and staffing of programs and special events
- Assist the Manager of Education and Programs with scheduling volunteers, tours and events
- Assist with marketing duties such as calendar posting, flyer distribution, and minor website updates
- Monitor, track and report on physical and digital visitation, both local and remote
- Maintain the Kluge-Ruhe shared calendar
- Monitor security by checking in with museum patrons, securing doors and activating alarm system
- Liaise with UVA Procurement, Risk Management and other relevant departments on contracts and other agreements
- Assist the Director with donor stewardship and Advisory Council engagement
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and service orientated, able to multi-task and handle multiple competing priorities, as well as have a proven track record of professionalism, strong communication skills (both written and verbal), initiative and attention to detail.
A Bachelor’s degree, or significant relevant experience in lieu of a degree, and a minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative role is required. Experience with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with other computer programs like Quickbooks or Adobe Suite is preferred.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, bending/stooping, reaching overhead, and repetitive motion such as operating a computer keyboard. Must have the ability to lift 30 lbs.
This position does require the willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends on occasion. This position will remain open until filled. Review of applicants will begin on June 27, 2022. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Fiscal and Operations Specialist, Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection". Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume and cover letter addressing your interest, knowledge, skills, abilities or experience related to the position. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
Kluge-Ruhe seeks to build a culturally diverse intellectual environment and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information