Job Listing: Café Associate
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Café Associate - 2 positions available
Salary - $13.00/Hourly
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
The Café Associate serves as part of the museum’s Guest Engagement division, reports to the Manager of Retail & Food Services, and is primarily responsible for assisting guests of the Virginia Museum of History & Culture’s Museum Café. The Café Associate will take, prepare, and serve food and beverages, provide best-in-class customer service while maintaining a clean and safe work environment throughout the Café.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accept and serve food and beverage orders to recipe and customer specifications.
- Ensure clean, safe front-line and back-of-house workspaces.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and pleasing environment throughout the Café.
- Monitor and maintain proper temperature controls.
- Track sell-by, use-by, and expiration dates to stock and rotate items and displays appropriately.
- Follow proper methods for operating café equipment, point of sale system, and daily operating procedures.
- Accurate cash drawer reconciliation.
- Maintain the highest standards for food safety, Virginia ABC regulations, and cleanliness in accordance with state and local law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Dedicated to providing best-in-class customer service,
- Strong math skills, and attention to detail,
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including holidays, weekends, and occasional evenings
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Food service and/or previous cash handling experience a plus
- Customer service experience preferred
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society — a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.