Job Listing: Donor Relations and Event Coordinator
Preservation Virginia - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Donor Relations and Event Coordinator
Salary - $40,000-$42,000
Job Type - Full Time
Apply: please send your resume and cover letter to Will Glasco at email@example.com
The donor relations and event coordinator is responsible for administering development office functions while assisting with event planning and volunteer management. This role coordinates donor database operations, plans event logistics, identifies corporate sponsor prospects and stewards organizational volunteers. This position reports to the director of development.
1. In coordination with the annual fund manager and director of development, maintain and update the donor database. Process donations and acknowledgements of gifts and pledges.
2. Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters and other necessary documentation.
3. Assist in monthly membership mailings and donor stewardship.
4. Coordinate the planning and implementation of Preservation Virginia events, including donor appreciation gatherings, public events at our historic sites and statewide preservation programs.
5. Work directly with event logistics contractors such as caterers, rental companies and venues, as well as graphic designers and printers for the creation of invitations and event materials.
6. Track RSVPs for events and assist in attendee follow ups, including surveys and solicitation mailings.
7. Assist in the identification and cultivation of corporate sponsor opportunities. Track corporate sponsor deadlines and assist in follow-ups.
8. Aid in tracking event budgets and generating revenue reports.
9. Help coordinate and steward Preservation Virginia Volunteer Program. Track volunteer hours, help attract new volunteers and assist in planning volunteer thank you opportunities.
10. Work closely with team members within and outside the development department to meet their event and volunteer needs.
11. Assists donors as needed and participate in the overall success of the development department.
12. Contribute to the effort to build a culture of philanthropy, maintaining relationships with staff members throughout the organization.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience in event planning, non-profit development or marketing. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. This position requires both analytical and creative thinking. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and motivate team members and volunteers. Ability to work independently and brainstorm new ideas for systems, events and stewardship. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred. Salary Range: $40,000-$42,000
This position is 40 hours per week, mainly Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend hours expected for special events. Some travel required for events and supporter meetings.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Will Glasco at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.
Preservation Virginia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals based on age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy and sexual orientation), genetic information or veteran status. As we work with intention to make the historic preservation and museum professions more inclusive and accessible, we encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.