Job Listing: Visitor Services Associate
National Sporting Library & Museum - Middleburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Visitor Services Associate
Salary - $14.00/hour
Job Type - Part-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Visitor Services Associate is the first point of contact for all visitors to the National Sporting Library & Museum. Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with the public. Candidate must be comfortable with greeting visitors, answering questions, and sharing information about NSLM programming, collections, events, and membership. As NSLM educational programming continues to expand, ideal candidate will be eager to assist with tours and programs.
Primary duties include greeting and monitoring all visitors; answering phones; processing book and merchandise sales; daily open and close procedures; and assisting with other administrative tasks as required.
· Greet all visitors and introduce them to the NSLM and current exhibitions. Answer questions related to programming, exhibitions, and collections.
· Process Admission Sales.
· Track and record daily attendance.
· Monitor visitors on security cameras as they proceed through building.
· Complete daily opening and closing procedures for museum building, to include open and close walk-throughs of public spaces.
· Stock brochures, catalogues, giftshop items, and supplies at Front Desk.
· Process Merchandise Sales.
· Answer phones and act as main reception for NSLM campus Wednesday – Sunday.
· Promote programming and encourage all visitors to join NSLM membership.
· Assist processing online gift shop orders.
· Assist with administrative tasks.
Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred. Previous volunteer or work experience with a non-profit, library, museum, or educational organization preferred but not required. Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team.
Hours: Weekends; Weekdays on-call; 9:45am – 5:15pm.