Job Listing: Administrative Assistant - War Memorial
Department of Veterans Affairs - Virginia War Memorial; Richmond, Virginia
Closes - June 26, 2023
Position Title – Administrative Assistant
Salary - $40-42k
Job Type - full-time, salaried
Apply: Visit Administrative Assistant - Richmond, Virginia, United States . You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position. Contact Information: Robyn Waddy-Bey; Phone (804) 786-0576; Email: email@example.com
Summary: The Virginia War Memorial has the mission to honor those Virginians that have died in our nation’s wars, preserve their history, educate, and to oversee daily office operations and provide administrative support for the Virginia War Memorial director and staff.
- Will manage the War Memorial’s events schedule and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates communication needs with the Department of Veterans Services as well as outside media.
- After training, will process travel and personnel actions for the War Memorial.
- Distribute information and requests made to the Memorial to the appropriate staff members.
- Responsible for securing office supplies and coordinating with the Virginia War Memorial Foundation.
- Assist with special projects as provided by the Director.
- Serve as the liaison between the general public, volunteers and the War Memorial staff on a daily basis.
- Must be experienced and competent with all MS Office Suite applications, MS Outlook, and basic computer functions.
- Must be able to proofread and edit documents for publication.
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer