Job Listing: Carpenter
Morven Park - Loudoun County, VA
Closes - open until closed
Position Title - Carpenter
Summary - Morven Park, Loudoun County’s 1,000-acre backyard, is where our visitors know they can find their “happy place.” We are looking to expand our Buildings & Grounds Team to help us maintain and enhance this magnificent historic estate and equestrian center. Come join our friendly and dedicated staff that consistently strives to offer memorable experiences to local residents as well as guests from around the world who seek a destination where they can: Play. Learn. Discover.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia, Morven Park is owned and operated by The Westmoreland Davis Memorial Foundation, a non-profit organization, with most of the property under a permanent conservation easement. The Park includes over 50 buildings and structures in need of ongoing maintenance and preservation, as well as a premier equestrian competition facility requiring care and upgrade of arenas and jumps.
Our Buildings & Grounds Team is foundational to our success, and consistently receives praise and compliments from our visitors. To continue to meet the high expectations set by our incredible team, we are seeking a talented Carpenter to complete a wide variety of repair, preservation, and custom tasks throughout the Park, both indoors and outdoors (all tools will be provided). Participation in “all hands” activities (mowing, event preparation, snow/ice removal, etc.) will be required. Occasional weekend and after hours event support is likely, and eligible for overtime compensation.
Compensation - Morven Park offers competitive wages based on experience, with benefits for full-time employees including
- Fully paid employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision, and life/disability)
- Paid time off
- Observance of federal holidays
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plan with company match
Job Type - regular full-time; non-exempt
Apply - To apply, please send a resume to MorvenParkEmployment@MorvenPark.org or apply directly through our website morvenpark.org.
Job Responsibilities -
- Bring at least three to five years of carpentry experience, including obtaining materials quotes (familiarity with historic structures and/or equestrian facilities preferred).
- Be willing and able complete a wide array of woodworking tasks, including fencing, offices, exteriors, barns, historic preservation projects, equestrian jumps, etc.
- Be able to perform other general maintenance tasks and operate equipment and vehicles in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Have a willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and longer special event days.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a current/valid Driver’s License and be an insured driver.
- Be able to successfully pass a background check (required of all Park employees) and provide work references.
Physical Requirements -
- Perform work in all types of weather, often for extended periods of time.
- Transfer machinery, equipment, and supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
- Able to traverse various types of terrain that may be rough, uneven, or slippery.