Job Listing: Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Colonial Williamsburg – Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Salary - Range
Job Type - Regular Full-Time 37.5+hrs per week
Apply: Click Here
Summary Job Description
The Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) has specific responsibility for assigned CFR prospect qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The person in this role will develop strategic relationships with donors and prospects to qualify, solicit, and close gifts and grants to support Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (CWF).
1. Manage a portfolio of CFR prospects with a focus on prospect qualification, cultivation, solicitation, gift closure and stewardship. Prepare short- and long-range plans for prospects with guidance from the Director.
2. Assist the Director with executing a comprehensive plan as well as measurable short- and long-term goals, both quantitative and qualitative, for the CFR giving program.
3. Assist the Director with identifying and advancing new relationships with entities that may have an interest in supporting the Foundation’s mission and efforts.
4. Assist the Director with the development of written materials and grant proposals in support of CFR gift opportunities.
5. Manage the annual Business Forum corporate solicitation program.
6. Participate in and assist as needed with annual meetings of the Special Donor Societies.
7. Perform other related duties as required.
Supervision to be Exercised: The Associate Director will assist the Director with supervision of the department interns and volunteers.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of three years of relevant experience with non-profits, fundraising, public relations or related fields, or a combination of education and experience.
Preferred: An advanced degree in a relevant field and an understanding of and passion for CWF’s educational mission.
· Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and relationship building
· Excellent Communication skills
· Ability to collaborate with demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive and energetic team player
· Proven record of handling multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner
· Excellent judgement and ability to be highly responsive to internal/external partners
· Ability to establish rapport with prospects and donors
Travel (%): < 25% of the time
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.