Virginia War Memorial Foundation - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until closed
Position Title – Engagement and Outreach Manager
Salary - $45,000-$48,000
Job Type - Full Time
Apply: Resumes can be mailed to Annie Warman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engagement and Outreach Manager (EOM) is an essential part of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation team and works closely with all Foundation and state staff. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming first-connection for many Memorial visitors and potential clients, and will work to convert them to become long-term supporters.
The Engagement and Outreach Manager accomplishes this task by focusing on the following four areas:
Sales & On-Site Operations
● Manage the VWMF retail operation for the Joseph A. Weinberg Memorial Store and online shop, including purchasing, promoting products, and inventory management. The EOM ensures the Memorial Store is updated and appealing to guests.
● Manage and Promote Walkway of Honor Brick Sales, and work with Development Operations Director to ensure brick information is captured and updated in database and online.
● Help educate volunteers in store operations and Walkway of Honor sales so they may confidently serve visitors.
● Manage 3rd-party rentals of the Virginia War Memorial including:
● Assessing rental rates and working to achieve rental income goals,
● Marketing the space to potential renters,
● Manage relationships with renters and 3rd-party vendors,
● Manage resolutions of problems or issues with 3rd parties as they arise,
● Manage event set-up, execution, and breakdown in coordination with the Facilities Manager and other staff as needed, and
● Encourage new and returning renters to become involved as Foundation donors or volunteers.
Marketing & Communications
● Work with Director of Communication and Development to create and update online content, grow social media outreach, and test new ideas to reach the public,
● Assist with fundraising mailings, and
● Assist with execution of assigned Foundation events and other responsibilities, as directed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
● Strong sense of adaptability and attention to detail,
● An independent, proactive problem solver who can take initiative, set priorities, and bring tasks to completion with appropriate follow-up,
● Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, solve problems and meet challenging and changing deadlines,
● Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner and demonstrating tact and diplomacy working with a wide variety of personalities,
● High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion,
● Ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making, and
● A commitment to the Foundation’s mission and vision for the Memorial.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring:
● Experience with Neon or other CRM systems,
● Experience working in the nonprofit sector, and/or an academic or research institution, in fundraising or development, and
● Experience with event planning and management.
SALARY AND SCHEDULE:
Salary commensurate with experience; $45,000-$48,000. Work schedule is flexible, as the Engagement and Outreach Manager is often required to work weekend or evening hours to accommodate rentals and special events. The Virginia War Memorial Foundation is proud to offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including paid leave, paid holidays, life insurance, medical benefits, and a Museum Store discount.
ABOUT THE VIRGINIA WAR MEMORIAL FOUNDATION:
Established in 2000, the Virginia War Memorial Foundation (The Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that supports educational outreach, patriotic events and programs, exhibits, and documentary films of the Virginia War Memorial. Its mission is to support the Virginia War Memorial in its efforts to preserve the stories of veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice, to honor all veterans and active-duty military, and to inspire love of country through education. The Foundation depends on the generous support of individuals, corporations, military and veterans organizations, civic groups, and grants for its funding.