Job Posting: Advancement Data & Donor Relations Manager
Museum of the Shenandoah Valley - Winchester, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Advancement Data & Donor Relations Manager
Salary - $50,000-$55,000 annually commensurate with experience
Job Type - Full-time
Apply: please send resume, cover letter, three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley has an exciting opportunity available for an
Advancement Data & Donor Relations Manager. This position plays an active role in
donor/member relations and fundraising efforts through assisting with member and community
events. This position is a key member of the Advancement and Community Engagement team
and works under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement.
Duties & responsibilities include the following:
• Creates financial and analytical reports. Implements policies to maintain data integrity
by identifying, developing and refining processes for operational efficiencies that
maintain data integrity and support Advancement team.
• Establishes and maintains a structure within the database to effectively identify specific
segments of data for various analysis and targeted fundraising efforts.
• Develops and maintains custom reports based on organizational needs.
• Provides training and technical support to staff for the constituent database. This
includes developing written training materials and data policies.
• Ensures accuracy of data in the constituent database, including reconciling the database
and organizational financial systems.
• Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement, reporting, reconciling with finance,
technology management, and end-user support.
• Interprets and applies IRS tax laws and regulations regarding gift administration.
• Participates at member events, seasonal concerts, and major donor receptions through
attendee list management and networking and relationship building.
• In coordination with the Advancement team, strategize to increase member and donor
engagement and assist as needed with department events.
• Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required with a preference in business,
computer science, database administration, or record management.
• Minimum of five years progressively responsible work experience in database
• Proficiency in managing donor and constituent databases.
• Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data
imports and exports, report development.
• Possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
• Must have knowledge of applicable tax laws, the fund-raising process, and the concept of
• Must have a strong customer service orientation. Comfort and effectiveness translating
between end user's needs and database output.
• Ability to make presentations and train individuals in software applications is highly
desirable. Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative,
resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to
ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
• Ability to work cross functionally in a small team-based environment.
• Ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally. Diligent
work ethic and personal drive and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while working
• Proficiency with Salesforce Patron Manager and Microsoft Office Suite and supporting
technologies. Ability to both plan for and respond strategically to threats and
• Experience within a nonprofit organization or a higher education environment preferred.
Starting salary range is $50,000-$55,000 annually commensurate with experience. This is a
full-time exempt position with work hours primarily Monday-Friday during the museum’s
normal business hours with some evening and weekends required. The MSV offers an excellent
benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, generous time off,
parental leave, retirement plan, and more.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, three
references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to
candidates who apply by November 23, 2022. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.