Job Listing: Stewardship Coordinator
Mariners' Museum and Park - Newport News, VA
Closes - open until filled
Position Title - Stewardship Coordinator
Compensation - $45,000 plus the full-time benefits package
Job Type - full-time, salary-exempt
Apply - Please apply by visiting the website. Candidates must include a Cover Letter in order to be considered. No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Summary - The Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of the donor database so that it is a robust and reliable resource that accurately records donor information and informs donor cultivation and stewardship strategy. The Stewardship Coordinator will work closely with the Development team and the Finance Office to support development initiatives. This position is a significant contributor to the department’s donor cultivation and stewardship efforts and provides the foundation for all activity in the Development Department.
Job Responsibilities -
- General administration of gift processing: process donations and membership payments, scan documents, and upload them into the database.
- Maintain donor data in Altru that accurately details the full record of donor transactions and relationships.
- Write, edit, customize, and upload thank you letters as well as other stewardship letters into the database every quarter and as needed.
- Administer all aspects of the donor and member acknowledgment process: Prepare, mail, and record acknowledgments to donors and members in a timely fashion.
- Produce detailed weekly and monthly reports for individual, foundation, and corporate giving.
- Produce detailed reports to track Museum admission, and event/program participation.
- Fulfill Prospect Research requests and wealth screenings and update records with critical information to maintain the individual giving portfolios of the President and CEO, the Development team, and others.
- Create and record Prospect Plans.
- Produce lists for events (individual, membership, corporate, foundations, other).
- Assist with event registration in the database for Development and Museum programs and events.
- Ensure the scheduling, tracking, mailing lists, and invoicing for pledge reminders are completed.
- Maintain filing system and archived donor/donation records.
DONOR AND MEMBER ENGAGEMENT:
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with donors to support the proper stewardship of the relationship and specific gifts.
- Assist the Development team with Thank-you calls.
- Support and attend individual, member, corporate, and Museum events/programs.
- Assist with other database and department projects/events, as needed.
- 2-3 years of experience working for a non-profit with a specific focus on donor stewardship and development is highly desirable.
- An Associate degree is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience using ALTRU, Raiser’s Edge, Convio, Donor Pro, or other comparable databases is preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; proofreading skills.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information when working with donor and member-sensitive information.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, including the ability to initiate and set priorities.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel, Word, and using mail merges.
- High level of analytical, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be available to work some evenings, weekends, and special events.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen prior to employment.