Job Listing: Outreach Coordinator
Loudoun Museum - Leesburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Outreach Coordinator
Salary - $20-$25/hr
Job Type - Part-Time
Apply: please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loudoun Museum Background: The Loudoun Museum, located in downtown Leesburg, VA, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Museum’s mission is to navigate Loudoun County's evolving future, conserve Loudoun's diverse and complete history, interpret authentically, and disseminate knowledge of Loudoun’s culture, history, and natural treasures.
The Outreach Coordinator work in collaboration with staff, volunteers and the Board on marketing, public relations, membership, and development strategies. Will leverage traditional and digital marketing strategies, to amplify the museum’s programs and exhibits, expand tourism development and member/donor stewardship and support the mission and initiatives of Loudoun Museum. The Outreach Coordinator will also be a key member of the operational staff for the museum and reports to the Executive Director.
· Create compelling content across multiple social media platforms.
· Maintain website, keeping content accurate and up to date.
· Plan and maintain the social media editorial calendar.
· Submits museum events to online community calendars and maintains profiles on online tourism websites.
· Utilize solid SEO knowledge and best practices to write blog posts and leverage web content, social media, and advertising to drive website traffic.
· Observe and listening to audiences to provide valuable feedback to the organization.
· Apply best practices and using analytics to gather data to help inform planning and strategy.
· Coordinate membership efforts including stewarding the renewal and upgrade of current and lapsed members.
· Generate membership communications as needed and fields questions from members in-person, via phone calls and through email.
· Pursue opportunities to grow membership, sponsor, and rental income.
· Plan and execute, in collaboration with staff, volunteers and board, the annual membership benefits and development events.
· Maintain membership database.
· Coordinate museum site rentals to outside parties.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook and Instagram.
· Capacity to maintain website content utilizing Wix platform.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
· Solid project management and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple, diverse, and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills.
· Experience with computers and Microsoft Office suite required.
Job Type, Pay & Benefits:
This is a part-time, non-exempt, position limited to an average of 25 hours per week. This position includes regular weekend days and some holidays. It pays an hourly rate of $20-25, depending on qualifications.
To apply please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Loudoun Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability.