Job Listing: Museum Interpreter, PT
Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library & Museum - Staunton, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Interpreter
Salary - $9.50/Hour
Job Type - Part-Time
Position Title: Museum Interpreter
Department: Visitor Services
Reports to: Coordinator of Visitor Services
Terms: Not Exempt, Part-Time
The museum interpreter is the face of the museum to our visitors. Interpreters are responsible for welcoming visitors at the Museum front desk, providing orientation to our site, leading guided tours of the birthplace manse, and answering questions that our visitors might have. Interpreters will occasionally assist with special events and administrative duties. Working during museum’s operating hours, including weekdays and weekends, is required. Pay is $9.50 per hour.
Examples of Work To Be Performed:
- Greet and assist visitors and callers in a warm, cheerful manner.
- Answer telephones using a standardized greeting, monitor Front desk voice mails, and transfer calls, as needed.
- Provide visitors and callers with basic information about exhibitions and events, including Museum and rental events.
- Give guided tours of the birthplace manse.
- Answer general questions.
- Keep the desk area neat and organized.
- Assists coordinator of Visitor Services to maintain security of the site and collections.
- Interest in and positive attitude toward the public.
- Outgoing, warm, pleasant manner that conveys enthusiasm.
- Ability to read and assimilate a substantial amount of historical information and to communicate it accurately to the visitors.
- Good speaking voice and diction.
- Alertness and sensitivity to the needs and interests of visitors.
- Ability to follow routine procedures and exercise judgment.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.