Job Listing: Membership and Programs Coordinator
Job Title: Membership and Programs Coordinator
Organization: Virginia Association of Musuems (VAM) Richmond, VA
Job Type: Part-time Hybrid
Pay: $20 an hour
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership and Programs Coordinator plays an essential role in supporting VAM by planning content for all organization workshops and conferences. This position also leads the association’s efforts to communicate effectively with members, prospective members, and the public.
What you'll do for Membership:
- Design and administer membership recruitment and retention strategies. Build membership incentives and conduct targeted membership campaigns.
- Serve as primary point of contact with Association membership. Keep abreast of member needs and help plan programs and services with those needs in mind. Maintain committee and volunteer data on members.
- Collect information for and write monthly e-newsletter for members.
- Implement, with other staff, the annual Top Ten Endangered Artifacts program.
- Primarily responsible for registration for the annual conference—prior to the event and onsite.
- Occasionally travel to member and non-member museum sites to meet members and engage potential members.
- Oversee and maintain membership database. Enter and update member data. Process membership applications and renewals.
- Report on member services to the council on a bi-monthly basis.
- Bring the member perspective to assist with other tasks as needed by other staff.
What you'll do for Program Planning:
- Plan, publicize, and implement the educational content of the annual conference. Includes selecting and preparing all speakers.
- Plan and implement, with Membership engagement committee, an annual workshop series.
- Assist other staff with planning and implementation of Top Ten Endangered Artifacts Program.
- Work with council member engagement committee on program development and implementation.
- Develop and monitor program budgets.
- Responsible for consistent and effective evaluation of all programs, reporting results to Council and to the Executive Director.
- Work with director and other staff to design special projects to fulfill needs of specific audiences or tie-in with statewide celebrations.
- Education: College degree